Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draper probably have all there stuff made in China now like most things

Comment

• It might be a fake. I've been watching you tube videos and others recommend the Draper but I've noticed a few small differences. I bought it on ebay a while back so unfortunately I'm stuffed.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• It's crazy how fast they rip stuff off I bought 3 044 fuel pumps the 4th was genuine

Comment

• Have to say I don't think much of draper these days. I got an 8mm punch and die for my vice mount flaring tool and it works very well. However it's not much use if you need to do it on the car. Doing some nice work Dave. Just hope it's well looked after if it goes back to it's old owner.

Comment

• Sometimes you have a good day and everything goes to plan.
            I took the pipes cut to length to my tractor mechanic friend. He has a Sykes tool and made perfect flares on the pipes in under 5 minutes!

I then set about fitting them (hoping I hadn't got the lengths wrong).
            All was good and everything went together nicely.

Next job is to re fit the heat shields.
            They all got a good scrub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Looking at my pics I think I need to invest in or make an 8mm pipe straightener tool
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• It's not that bad seeing as you have done it by hand, but I do use the Kwix tools they do a very good job.
                Screenshot 2022-10-08 115902.jpg

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up. I will see how much they are.

The remaining brake lines were good but the plastic coating had some damage.
                  They got rubbed down and painted with epoxy.

Then the rear driveshafts were finished off with the new cv joints.

Onto the rear diff. Old bush removed and housing cleaned up ready for the new polybush.

Input flange got cleaned ready for paint.

And output shaft seals got changed.

The big one was a sod to get out but easy to put in. I managed to get this from Tradition. Seems to be the only place selling them now?

I just need to put some fresh oil in then it's more or less done.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I made this pipe straightener when i decided i didnt want to spend the money on the kwix tool. They really are the business but a bit too much for me and the amount of pipes i make.

My design sort of copies the principle and worked pretty much as well. Keep working pipe back and forth and rotating it - the rotating action replicates the action of 4 rows of rollers but with just 2.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Diff Bush removal looks a bit brutal, well done on getting it out

Comment

• When it all goes wrong you can always count on a BFH

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                          Diff Bush removal looks a bit brutal, well done on getting it out
                          It had well and truly welded itself in there. Fold the lip over with old blunt wood chisel then using large drift hit it like f##k in the right direction
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Apparently my bushes are coming from Verkline tomorrow.
                            I made a start getting things together.

And cleaned up the many bolts, most of which are nla from Audi.

They will get treated and painted.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Amazing these are all now NLA, Audi are truly rubbish in this respect

Comment

• It's a nice sunny day and perfect for zinc paint.

If you remember a couple of weeks back my Dewalt drill fell apart whilst drilling out bushes. I got a replacement within 24hrs from FFX but realised it was still under the 3 year warranty with Dewalt. They collected it last week and it came back today. Amazing service. Works perfectly. Now I have a spare.
                                Straight away I put it to good use drilling out the old cut off bolt in the hub carrier.

Then tapped in new threads.

Unfortunately Error isn't going to have any billet connectors in time for this project so I got a Vaico one. Audi version is nla and only other option is topran which I wouldn't trust. The Vaico looks sturdy and fits well.

My bushes never turned up yesterday. DPD are not very reliable anymore around here. Sad face.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X