No announcement yet.

Yet another 3B engine rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think thats as bad as it looks mate! The main air channels arent damaged from looking at the pics...... Might help with access to something else behind it
    Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

2 days.. bloody ell, mine certanly took a lot longer than that.
      are you sticking with your 3b inlet manifold tom?

martin

Comment

For now I am gonna save up for a Wagner or Dalhback or something
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Cool - I'll be able to pick mine up tomorrow then Tom. It doesn't look bad and I would just leave it as is. Are you going to have my crossmember made for tomorrow?
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

No, sorry mate, will have towait until my engine is in place to make mine first to copy from that. Unless Martin takes his off and draws some plans for it
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

eerrmm. if i get a chance over the next few days i might be able to give you some dimensions, my snub mount needs modding as it has moved forward a bit and is pretty close to the i/c so will need pushing on and fixing properly. so will have to take the bumper off to do that.

martin

Comment

Hi guys, I'm still in the US of A now, just a question for Tom: can u pls take the cold side housing off the turbo and measure the compressor wheel diameter and the inducer diameter of the wheel? Post them and email them to me ASAP so I can figure out what sort of turbo u got. I'm pretty dubious for anything over 450 on a straight K26/27 with a #8 hot side. the #8 hot side and RS2 EM are the biggest limiting factors for getting more than 440 reliable HP out of Doug's turbo, so I dunno about yours as I have no clue what specs it has.

You should have waited a bit until I got back home and I could have sold you my K27 cold side that's a pretty damn good one (3072 spec).

Cheers,

Mihnea
                '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                info@MRCTuning.com
                Workshop Directions

Comment

Well you took to long in the USA. I had no choice. I need this thing running next week!! Have to talk to you (Mihnea) about some mapping issues. The turbo is huge compared to thelast one. Will take the coldside aprt and measure whatever you want. Its a beast!! Is that IC gonna be OK?
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Ok Tom, I believe you that the turbo is bigger, so it *must* be better. The IC looks sweet, I'm hoping it's going to be really efficient...

M. in da US of A.
                    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                    info@MRCTuning.com
                    Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
                      Ok Tom, I believe you that the turbo is bigger, so it *must* be better. The IC looks sweet, I'm hoping it's going to be really efficient...

M. in da US of A.
                      Mihnea, is there a way you can share what the rest of your itinerary in the U.S., such as where you will be and when? Or, is that rather pointless because all of your scheduled sessions are full?

When is mrc.com or chiptuner.com or something for your services going online?

Sorry for the threadjack.

Thanks,

Ken
                      Kenneth
                      1990 Coupe quattro
                      1991 200q20v x 2
                      1985 4ksq 20vt project
                      1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                      2006 Honda Ridgeline
                      1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Ken, I'm on the last stage of my trip now, in NH, going to CT this afternoon and I'm going back home monday evening. As for the website, I don't know yet, it's supposed to be online soon. However, I will be back in the US soon, lots of people want me back here already, plus I can't say I don't like the US

Cheers,

Mihnea

www.MRCTuning.com
                        info@MRCTuning.com
                        Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
                          Ken, I'm on the last stage of my trip now, in NH, going to CT this afternoon and I'm going back home monday evening. As for the website, I don't know yet, it's supposed to be online soon. However, I will be back in the US soon, lots of people want me back here already, plus I can't say I don't like the US

Cheers,

Mihnea
                          Mihnea,

Sweet. I coudn't get my poop together in time for this visit, so if you come out again that would be great. My one 3B 4kstq project keeps creeping, and my 200q20v is cannibalizing the RS2 parts I have for it.

If you need a place to stay or work from in Arizona, I could host you. Plenty of room at my house, since all my furniture and houseware money goes to these projects. Let me know.

How many cars will you have tuned during this trip by the time you are done? Too bad they are those tiny U.S. dollars and not those big fat Euros, but I imagine there's at least a few of them going back with you!

Cheers,

Ken
                          Kenneth
                          1990 Coupe quattro
                          1991 200q20v x 2
                          1985 4ksq 20vt project
                          1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                          2006 Honda Ridgeline
                          1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Cheers to Martin for doing the drawing of his x member. I am still waiting for the block now. The head is all ready, ported and new guides, valves and seats recut. I could really do with the block this week as im hoping to get the engine built up and back in the car for the weekend Er, maybe
                            sigpic
                            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                            Audi UR Quattro
                            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tom mine ran today, just some aircon pipes to sort out with the ABY pump.. so I'm nearly ready to remap, will run it in a bit first though...

When do you think you'll be ready for Mihnea's magic?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

??????? Need the engine built first really
                                sigpic
                                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                                Audi UR Quattro