No announcement yet.

Another "Stroker" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was not enough space for anything with the mtm exhaust manifold.
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• car is on the road with the "new" turbo. I have to sort a leaky oil pressure switch and then I will post spool characteristics.
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• What are the power expectations from these set-ups? Reading lots about where it spools but not much about peak power... seems pointless to have later spool without the extra power
        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• The VGT one had 60/60 wheels and with the rack wide open it had a 25ccm volute that is something in the 1.3 AR region and should be good for 600 hp more or less.

The other one is a 60/65 wheel combo but with the 0.7 AR housing it should also be in the same region powerwise. Wheel design is the same except in the VGT is cast and the HX40 it is billet (both Super 40 with 7 blades).

Thats is why the main and interesting difference that I will see (or not) has to do with spool.
          Last edited by Billman; 25 August 2011, 17:07.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• I used something a bit like this to stop things from melting. I even rapped the turbine in something similar. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heat-Refle...item1c1cadd702

Have you any pics of the 2 turbos side by side.

Comment

• With that it would have been in contact. The vgt turbine housing is massive. See difference not side by side but it would give you an idea.
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Last month i was at the dyno but we where not able to push the boost above 0.5-0.6 bar. At first i thought it was the N75 but as it turned out it was a not correct positioned fastener that was fastened between 2 pipes and not at the edge of the pipe. That lead to a massive boost beak.

lets see when i am going to be able to hit the dyno again.

In the meantime i sorted some Idle issues that where very prominent during with very warm engine and summer temps.

I also plan a heat shield and a brace for the new turbo.
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• ...and your idle is much better

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                    ...and your idle is much better
                    Sorry, forgot to say: My idle is much much better thanks to you! VEMS + idle -----> A80Avant!
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Hahahaha

Comment

• Hi,

have you sorted low oil press issue?
                        BLOG: http://quattro10vt.wordpress.com/

Comment

• right now with very warm engine and Amsoil 10-40 i see 1.4 at idle and above 2000 RPM 4 bar and above 2500 or so 5 bar.
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Bill,
                            i also have another 5li amsoil for you if you want it!
                            i can either post it, or bring it along (hopefully) if you like.
                            price---> same as the one from opieoils! Unoppened!

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post
                              right now with very warm engine and Amsoil 10-40 i see 1.4 at idle and above 2000 RPM 4 bar and above 2500 or so 5 bar.
                              so it was resolved only with new oil change? Or any HW replacement?
                              BLOG: http://quattro10vt.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I had an leak on the oil pressure check valve and a very low idle at 750.
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X