No announcement yet.

20V CQ Tidy Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks to me as printed tags and heat shrink clear sleeves, saw it at work IT guys with a little portable printer on heat shrink sleeves,

Comment

• Correct it is printed hestshrink with clear over
      Your IT guys must be pretty high end if they use Raychem
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        I am also using the alloy elbow from the RS3 / TT-RS - this includes provision for a Bosch TMAP sensor to replace the old PTC sensor that Motronic uses on the intake manifold. These sensors have better resolution than the OEM sensor and are cheaper and commercially available. The RS3/TT-RS as stock use an e-bypass valve which is cast into the intake elbow, but it is too small for the desired air mass as well as being in an awkward place to plumb in as I have AC/Climate.
        So I chopped it off and welded the hole up. The position still needs a slight tweak but will marry up nicely to the Wagner intercooler.

Finally someone makes use of that throttle body inlet. I thought I was going to be the only one!
        Nice catch with using the Manual one as opposed to DSG as DSG is much tighter. Excellent work as always!
        still waiting on that email btw
        Issam N. Abed
        iABED Industries
        iABED Email | Facebook
        The build thread

Comment

• Cheers Issam
          Actually I looked at the RS3 part after you mentioned it a while back, its just taken me an age to get anything done on the car.
          I thought it would be a bit of an easier install actually, but the e-bypass valve made it a bit difficult so I cut it off & welded the elbow up. Also the angle isn't quite right for the Wagner cooler, but easily corrected with the machined adapter. E-mail incoming
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Great work. I am lost for words.

Comment

• Thanks
              This thread is due an update when I can find time.
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Just read through this thread from the start. Amazing build Alex !
                Look forward to future updates.
                Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                RS2+ Spec
                @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  Thanks
                  This thread is due an update when I can find time.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post

I was going to do that, then I remembered I'd not updated my thread for even longer, so I thought I'd keep my head down
                    sigpic
                    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post

I was going to do that, then I remembered I'd not updated my thread for even longer, so I thought I'd keep my head down
                      Hehe, my coupe is at QC, the Ur is tucked up in the garage, not much going on here either..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

• I'm in the same club. Car has been in the garage having some upgrades for the past two years!

91 Modded 3B
                        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Hehe, mine too! Awesome work as always Alex. You have an order too btw
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
                            Careful here
                            Did you empty out the thermostat portion?
                            Oil goes from the engine into the thermostat portion , it is cooled and then returns to the thermostat portion where it is then filtered and goes into the engine.
                            Blanking those 2 I am not sure how that would perform.

If you want I could send you a 7A housing which does not have the oil cooler portion (perfect for the Mocal sandwhich plate) or use what I used which is off the 2.5 TDI A6
                            it mounts the oil filter horizontally as opposed to vertically so creates some decent room for that oil return line.

Part # : 046 115 417 (NOT 046115417B)

http://allegro.pl/audi-a6-c4-2-5-tdi...227382074.html
                            Little bit diggin, but is there any proble with 046115417B oil filter housing?

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Working...
                            X