Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'd have gone with the fuel tank heat shield which I thinks now nla?

Comment

• I got all those covered. Here in the south they stay nice and since they aren't RS2/S2 specific I can source them off of our B4 90 quattro.

Do you need some? I might be able to find some decent ones for you.

Comment

• You are on the money, sits above the gearbox. Only found on late model cars with an Airbag. ...kind of makes sense as the Airbag ecu sits right above it.
        Attached Files
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• Cheers, that sure looks like it. Would you happen to have any more pics of the heat shield arrangement in that area? There are still a couple that I need to source and a picture would help.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
            You are on the money, sits above the gearbox. Only found on late model cars with an Airbag. ...kind of makes sense as the Airbag ecu sits right above it.
            Just had a look under the car. It turns out to be the shield in the bottom right of your picture. Installed now. Thanks for the help. Now I need to source the shield on the bottom left.

Comment

• Here are a few more, only one i dont have a picture of is the small piece that sits between the engine mount and turbo, shares the same studs as the chassis rail shield.
              Attached Files
              91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
              93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
              94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• one more and more to come if you need Tom!

http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

• Tom it's better you give me your adress on PM so that I can arrange a CD with all the pics from the demolition.....
                  Could be useful I reckon!
                  http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post

Oh so pretty carbon trim. Should look great with the black/blue Recaros

Nice work!

What's the part number fot those? I donæt want the airbag unit, just all the carboonplates
                    1000HP RS2 SEDAN project!
                    Follow this at 07K Motorsport

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

• Originally posted by helvetesmaskinen View Post
                      Nice work!

What's the part number fot those? I donæt want the airbag unit, just all the carboonplates
                      Thank you!

For cars with driver's airbag only

8A0 867 409 B X06 left front
                      8A0 867 410 B X06 right front

For dual airbag cars

8A0 867 409 E X06 left front
                      8A0 867 410 E X06 right front

Rear doors are the same regardless of airbag configuration.

8A0867419B X06 left rear
                      8A0867420B X06 right rear

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                        This Saturday morning I was able to spend some time with the RS2. The plan was to mount up the suspension, wheels, steering components and place the car on all four wheels for the first time in almost 6 years. I was able to complete the front but I ran out of time on the rear so I'll have to finish it another day.

I was up at daybreak loading parts into my truck. I just knew that I was going to forget something. In the end it was all there. A few pictures of the parts in the truck.

The front seat.

The rear.

And the bed. I took the original hatch, complete with original 'ring sticker, so the shop could remove the glass.

The front done. I used the bells from a set of 993tt rotors to fill the void until I get her home where a nice set of 322mm disc await. The Cup2 wheels are just for the build up. I also installed the front axles to support the bearings, which you can't see in this picture. Today's lesson ...... Never roll a car around without a CV inserted into the bearing/hub. Without support the weight of the car will damage the bearings

Ouch! MY EYES!! The flash really brings out the pearl effect. The RS2 steering rack installed with new tie rods and mounting hardware.

Starting on the rear.

Almost finished. The rest will have to wait 'til later.
                        Fantastic work! Readed all the thread twice!

It's interesting to see that the RS2 also had the linkarm's in steele in the rear. I feel I must have them too in my project! Do they fit with the S2 5x112 avant hub's and subframe?

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59479

Did you order all linkarms new from VAG? Costs? All screws and bolts also new from VAG?

Also, did you change the bushings in the sub-frames? They sitting like HELL, I have to burn them away to get the 034 alu bushings on. But, will use powerflex in the linkarms.

Again, your work and dedication is fantastic!
                        Last edited by helvetesmaskinen; 20 July 2012, 11:06.
                        1000HP RS2 SEDAN project!
                        Follow this at 07K Motorsport

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

• Originally posted by helvetesmaskinen View Post
                          Fantastic work! Readed all the thread twice!

It's interesting to see that the RS2 also had the linkarm's in steele in the rear. I feel I must have them too in my project! Do they fit with the S2 5x112 avant hub's and subframe?
                          Thanks. Glad you're enjoying reading it. I have also been looking at your project.

The RS2 did share the rear link arms with its B4 brothers. They are the same.

Originally posted by helvetesmaskinen View Post
                          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59479

Did you order all linkarms new from VAG? Costs? All screws and bolts also new from VAG?
                          The link arms were originally a rusty mess. I media cleaned them and replaced all the bushings and the ball joints with new. All the screws and bolts I did buy new from Audi, but I don't remember the cost. I don't remember it being too much money though.

Originally posted by helvetesmaskinen View Post
                          Also, did you change the bushings in the sub-frames? They sitting like HELL, I have to burn them away to get the 034 alu bushings on. But, will use powerflex in the linkarms.

Again, your work and dedication is fantastic!
                          Yes the subframe was also refurbished with new bushings from Audi. More money to Ingolstadt.

Comment

• With the car still on the lift from when I was working on the heat shields I decided to dive into the front axle refurb. For those who have been following this for a while might remember that I had inserted the axles into the front hubs while the car was still at the paint shop. This was done to provide support the weight of the car so as not to crush the wheel bearings. I've been rolling the car around like this for a while and kind of forgot that I had bought all new boots for them so I figured it would tear into them. So since I am waiting on more parts anyway I might as well keep moving right?

With the car in the air I removed the circlips from both sides inner CV and then pulled the joints off with a 3 jaw gear puller. Once off, I disassembled the inner joints (fronts will be done tomorrow) and cleaned the parts in a pan of mineral spirits. With a tooth brush and a rag everything was clean. I'll assemble them once the axles return from the powder coater.

The inner CV in parts. Reminded me of an AC/DC tune. Know whatta mean?

The outer section inner CV (the part you see when mounted) I cleaned up with a little WD-40 and a sheet of 400 grit. Took a while but turned out nicely. This is the numbers that were on the outer section of the inner CV. This joint can be bought with the boot using the Audi part number 431 498 103 C.

On to the outer joints......

Just in case you weren't aware, to remove the outer joint all that is needed is to take your axle bolt and thread it back into the joint. Go ahead and remove the smaller band clamp on the boot which will allow the boot to move with the joint once things start moving. Ensure that the joint is aligned with the axle shaft and then tighten the bolt until is bottoms out. You will feel some resistance and then is should "pop". That the sound of the joint riding over the c-clip. From this point a good tug or a tap from a rubber mallet finishes it off.

With the joints removed the axle shafts are ready for a trip to the powder coater.

I did remember to measure the shaft length once the joints were removed:

Left axle (top) is 568mm
                            Right axle is 553mm

Last edited by saltinot; 31 August 2012, 03:43. Reason: corrected axle length

Comment

• I love seeing all the attention your car has been getting lately, keep it up!

Comment

• Checked himself in what position were founded joints on the shaft? I ask because the shaft is balanced with the joints and support. As you probably have not checked after the deposit will be unbalanced.
                                Competition quattro & AMB engines

Comment

Working...
                                X