Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Of course, there may be a lack of correlation between rpms and forward motion...
    You mean sideways action

Comment

• S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
        Ive ordered a chip programmer and some more ECU chips, plus i already have an EPROM eraser, so will get Dmitri's diagnostics mode on the ECU which will aid massively with diagnosing issues with the car and allow me to proceed with my Raspberry Pi datalogging system

I also need a passenger to log a run on the road. I need to find somebody brave enough, but perhaps wait until this snow has cleared
        Getting a log under load could be an issue. But otherwise I would be up for logging, I'm used to doing that. It's not like the car is that quick.
        SS

Comment

• So in essence then Andy you have bought all the equipment you need to log and erase/rewrite the motronic eproms as well as obviously the logging capabilities that you already had with the previous kit.

If you said you didn't care about knock control and MAFs I would have said that an aftermarket ecu offers you all of the above!

Comment

• i was waiting for that Vasilis

The Zeitronix was about £300 iirc, and the EPROM stuff like another £50, so all-in-all pretty cheap compared to buying and installing an after-market system.

Also, just ask JP how his after-market ECU coped with the car vs using the stock ECU. I think they're perfectly designed for the job and see no reason to change
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Didn't say that motronic doesn't cope. Prj has demonstrated that. One of the things for tuning motronic was to tune and forget. You are an exception as I am for the aftermarket stuff

Comment

• You know me to well mate

Comment

• Amazing weekend in Wales... the car performed and handled impressively.

Only slight niggle is a red (!) warning light on start-up yesterday morning and this morning even after topping up on fluids. It comes on at turn 1, before the ignition is started, and goes as soon as you start driving. Strange!

A few pics from various peoples over the weekend:

Road closed:

Through the Elan Valley a few days later, after it was re-opened:

Oakeley Quarry at Blaenau Ffestiniog:

Snowdon:

Conwy:

The Black Mountain Pass:

Comment

• your car needs a wash .

Nice pics
                    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Great pictures Andy.

The red warning indicator might well be caused by a dodgy connection on the PAS fluid bottle top.
                      RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

• Great pictures, the weather certainly held out for you up in North Wales. Did you go up over horse shoe pass?
                        96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                        96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
                          Great pictures, the weather certainly held out for you up in North Wales. Did you go up over horse shoe pass?
                          Indeed... it was perfect.

The weather was bright and sunny, the temps near freezing cold which was fantastic for the car, and despite all the grit the roads were clear and grippy.

We had originally planned to head over the horseshoe pass but decided to change plan for the first day as Shropshire and Denbighshire were the first affected areas with the snow and we weren't certain how well things had been cleared.

We headed from Shrewsbury across to Aberystwyth and then north around Snowdonia to the EVO triangle, and back across to Caernarfon.

Comment

• Nice pics Andy.
                            Glad to see your car sorted after all the hassle
                            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

• Sounds like a great trip and a good route. If your planning another run up this way again I would mind tagging along.
                              96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Looks like a good fun trip. Go wash your car now. lol. Porsche looks quite tasty too
                                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                                X