Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just been for a quick spin.

Mwahahahah.

Its well and truly lashed together for now, I feel outrageous!
    1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Congratulations! Well done for finally getting it put together!
      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Attached Files
        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Couple of videos, froma friends phone so quality is a bit crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tJP1...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOeHM...eature=related

Been driving it around a bit now, too and from my mates garage round the corner on the airfield to work on the exhaust.

Gonna be on hold for about 3 -4 weeks now though as im away on a course then moving house.
          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
            1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
            1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
            BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

• And i'm back. Settles in the new flat and I can start working on the coupe again, or audrey as shes been named at work....

This week I had a go at tig welding, I had a guy from work give me some pointers as im a complete beginner and ive dont about 5-6 hours of practicing off the back of that upto the point I felt confident to do some work for real.

This is the starting point for the exhaust system. Its all in 304 stainless, used pure argon with back purging, and 347 filler rod.

90 degree bends off manifold flanges arent ideal but thats all there is room for. Into 2.5" flexi for each bank, and will be joined up to a 3" single pipe with two straight through boxes and dumped just infront of the driver side rear wheel.

Last picture is crap but just showing a bit of penetration for the dads.

Open to critisism, but bear in mind im a complete novice, and hadnt welded anything in my life until wednesday.

Kieron
              Attached Files
              1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Nice, how did you find learning to TIG?
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Very cool, and enjoyable. Its currently my favourite and most useful thing.
                  1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Wow, almost 4 months since and update.

Pretty much done ****** all as I moved to a new flat, had no money, was studying, trying to race a lawnmower, girlfriend lost her job, no money etc etc.....

Finally got round to getting on with finishing this in the last week or so...

Got the correct crossmember and made mounts for radiator to sit on. Ordered all hoses for fitting now, just need re-weld outlets on radiator in new positions.

And yesterday I started on the exhaust. I mounted up the downpipe/flexis I made up months ago so I had something to start from, and tonight I fabbed up the rest of the downpipe and the join into the y-piece. Its only tacked at the moment, will weld it up fully when its all fabbed and I can back purge at once to save gas.

Thats as far as I got tonight, more tomorrow hopefully.

This is what I sounded like with just the downpipes.. Much more enjoyable, can actually hear some induction roar over the white noise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-Meub3z7A

Peace.
                    1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Awesome manly sound! You dont need any more exhaust than 7"
                      Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• Photo update.

I had to cut the right bank and add some extra length in there as it had shifted when it was welded and didnt fit properly. So i decided to weld a v band in to make it easier to fit as it was a twit to get past the subframe as a 1 piece item from both banks.

Also, today i got 90% pf the rest of the system cut and positioned, its all tacked in now, and will be welded up fully tomorrow, and need to make a couple of hangers for it.

Only bit left to finish is a tip, just need to find a decent position.

Enjoy.

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Exhaust done

couple of vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZOTScrsOQI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AarBZ06aoM
                          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Photodump update.

Got fed up of waiting on a mate of mine to weld the ally radiator as i needed to move the outlets and fill some unused bosses, so I did it myself. Pretty pleased with the results.....

So now I can romp about on it aslong as I want, wired in a new relay for fans, controlled by ecu to come on at desired temp and also have an override switch in the dash which im using at the minute as i need another dioded relay as I broke the one I had. Needs to be dioded so it doesnt kill the low current driver in the ecu.

Im just gonna dump the photos.

Peace out.

Will try and get some videos soon, promise.
                            1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Reyt, done a few bits this weekend.

Had an oil leak on my remote filter housing which I thought was coming from the filter seal, so after going through 3 filters, and fitting the cooler sandwich plate I noticed the oil temperature sender was weeping and thats where it had been coming from all along. Sensor had a countersunky type chamfer on the end and wasn't seating properly on the washer, so I swapped it for a dowty seal which a mate found in his car, really, and its perfect. And I have the oil cooler plumbed in to boot.

Ive put another exhaust mount in just behind the centre box which mounts to the bracket where the prop centre bearing sits. Need to add maybe a couple more further back but need a mig and need it up on a lift to weld brackets onto chassis.

Got my wideband and ecu to finally cooperate, so I can log accurately and get some tuning done now. Woop.

For some reason the rad cap on the ally radiator I bought keeps venting coolant overboard, so I think i need a higher rated one, it says it 0.9bar, dunno what the stock audi system runs at, any ideas?

Im considering moving the numberplate and cutting some holes in the front bumper, as the radiator is less than half exposed to fresh air at the moment, its stable with the fans on and drops, but id be alot happier if there was more airflow through there all the time.

Oil temps were getting upto 130c even with the cooler, so Ive made a simple duct and cut a slot in the bumper lip and it seems to have worked for now.....

Sure ill think of some other stuff later, im going to eat. Got some photos and a video to put up later.
                              1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Sounds crap on my laptop speakers, better on headphones..

That grating noise is alternator bearings, be reyt.

To do:

Power steering setup, Mk2 MR2 electric pump,
                                MAke a mount for remote filter housing
                                add a couple of exhaust hangars
                                make oil cooler bracket
                                wire sunroof
                                fit rest of interior.

etc etc....

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Working...
                                X