No announcement yet.

B3 Coupe quattro 32V V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done dude, great result! After all the work you've put in and setbacks you've had you must be mega chuffed
    Looking forward to seeing and hearing the vids when I get home
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• After all the setbacks I was stunned it went on the first attempt.

Spent a good few hours going though the config to make sure everything was as it should be.

Need to tweak the fuel a bit, base injector PW is a bit high as im runnong S2 injectors which are 320cc @ 3 bar, but im running a 4bar regulator so calculations are a bit off. Seemed to start easier and easier as i was lowering main value.

I think I need a new Intake air temp sensor, I cant find a decent curve for the one fitted to the ABZ, and the values im getting from the one fitted are very high so I dont know if its a dud.

All the sensor wiring was just wires twisted together and taped up for testing in the videos, but now i know its all good I can clean it all up and seal it up for good.

Need to bring my bumper back next time Im up north, need to look at getting a radiator mounted up so I can run the engine for proper.

Also need a wideband, debating wether or not to buy a LC-1 as theyre quite cheap, or save for something more accurate and expensive like the unit 034 released recently, or a zeitronix box.

An exhaust would be pretty cool too.
      1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• That sounds gorgeous with a little bit of throttle!

Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
        An exhaust would be pretty cool too.
        Meh, exhausts are overrated
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• What are you going to do about an intake pipe?

Comment

• Not sure yet. Maybe have to trim the hose back and put a downfacing 90deg elbow in and route it out the way.

Ordering exhaust bits tis weekend.
            1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• nice¡¡¡

do you work with helicopters also?
              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nÂş 16 of 250
              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nÂş 189 of 250
              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco View Post

do you work with helicopters also?
                I work on private jets, helicopters scare the hell outa me.....

Got a few things to work on for now,

need to run new brake lines now ive installed original master cylinder with 10v vacuum servo. Pretty simple once I can figure out the proportioning valve.

Connect clutch up to master cylinder, I reused my known working slave and original pipework from the 01A but bent to fit around the linkage for the 01E.

Ive slaved on the bumper and thrown a radiator on for now, its plumbed in but not bolted to anything, so need to sort a crossmember once im happy with clearance with belts and stuff.

Need to re do some wiring I accidentally removed thinking it was engine loom, such as brake fluid level, mfts and power steering fluid level.

Been working on an adaptor plate for the idle valve plumbing. Ive gone for stepper motor type for easier idle control with 034IIc ecu. Ordering some fittings for that tonight and then that can be hooked up and tested.

Also ordering parts to build the exhaust system, not sure how many boxes Im going for yet, and wether or not to do a side exit.
                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Just watched your vids Kieron, that things sounds brutal with the reverb in the hanger
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                    Just watched your vids Kieron, that things sounds brutal with the reverb in the hanger
                    Fired it up at lunchtime today in the hangar, scared a few of the older chaps.

Sounds even better now, added some more fuel to the base map as it was just a guess in those first vids. Now starts and runs much better, doesnt need any throttle to run and sounds much happier and v8-y.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyJsRd16nVY

Cant wait to get it moving again.
                    1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Just ordered a wideband after some beer courage.

Oh well, its christmas and I got a bonus today.

went for one of these

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php
                      1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Update time.

Made a plate to move fittings for idle control so I can run a stepper motor for closed loop idle via the 034 ecu.

So all the wiring in the engine is finished now, bar the wideband which will be done when I get the exhaust in.

On that subject, I got my first batch of shiny exhaust bits today.

The plan is to go 2.5" from each bank into a flexi each side, then join into one 3" pipe, through a 12" round box, then through another 16" box which will sit where the original middle box sat under the rear bench, then straight out of a 3" stub just infront of the offside rear wheel. Side exit baby.

That means ive got a stainless backbox for sale if anybody is interested, thread here

Also been working on fixing a radiator in, ive put most of the front end back on now, headlights, slam panel and bumper so I can see how much space ive got, and cut the mounting plates off a v6 crossmember which will receive some square bar for the new x-member/rad support.

Another thing which I hadnt anticipated, I need to figure out some sort of ixtra idler roller for the aux belt as im not running the a/c compressor and its a major part of the routing. Bit o' angle iron'll sort it.

Interior wise, few wires need re bundling and some loose ends sealing up then carpet can go back in, and the rest of the interior, seats etc will be going in end of january, when pops brings them down in his van.

Should have exhaust in before the new year.

Merry Christmas.
                        Attached Files
                        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
                          Not sure yet. Maybe have to trim the hose back and put a downfacing 90deg elbow in and route it out the way.

Ordering exhaust bits tis weekend.
                          Im looking at making up a set of itb's for mine

Comment

• I think what I may end up doing is flipping the intake elbow and trottle body 180 so it points towards the left hand wing where the battery box used to be.

Will be building the exhaust this week, mufflers are coming tomorrow.
                            1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• update

No exhaust as yet, been far too busy at work.

But all the wiring is done inside the car now, had to redo reverse switch, speedo, mfts, oil pressure switches,after run fan, and brake and hyd low level switches which I accidently cut off when I removed the 7A loom. Lots of head scratching there but got it done in the end. The remaining wires I cut short and heatshrinked over the ends, then bundled it all together into one heatshrink tube and its tucked away behind the dash now. So now the carpet and interior is ready to go back in.

Picked up a black carpet from RS_Al earlier today which will be getting fitted shortly, Ive got my eyes on some heated seat switches to make my seat work so they will be going in first, but Im away on a course next week so wont have any time till the weekend.

Ordered a new temp sender which is compatible with the vdo aux gauge which will screw into my remote oil filter head. I need to make something up for the oil pressure sender and switches too, but I have an idea for that. Need to fix the filter housing to the inner wing somehow too.

Also, Ive found a radiator that will fit, perfectly by the looks of things, from the early 90s- early 00s impreza wrx. Made a cutout template with the dimensions it gave me and it fits perfectly between the headlights, has same size outlets in the right place and being a jap car theres loads of cheap uprated aluminium ones so thats on the list too.

I was thinking of how to integrate the mfts into the new engine and rad setup and this popped up in the back of ppc: http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/A...ng_38mm_MOIN38 with a M14 insert it will go perfectly with the ABZ rad hoses which are 38mm bore.

The aim of all this rewiring was to keep all the functionality of the factory relays and autocheck which fingers crossed will all still work. I had to snip a wire into the dash cluster too, think it was a red and yellow one from the abs control unit to keep the light out permenantly as I had to delete abs.
                              Attached Files
                              1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Quick update:

been messing about trying to get various radiators to fit recently, im on to my 4th one now, finally bought a universal aluminium one so I can modify the outlets to my requirements.

Will be going to electric power steering at some point too I think unless I can route the radiator to fit properly.

Made all the brake lines and replaced a couple of flexis that were bad.
                                Skimmed the front discs as they were grotty from 2 years of sitting still.
                                Dash back in.
                                Carpet in.
                                Now that the hydraulic system is pressure tight I can get round to bleeding the brakes and clutch. I did the clutch today and to my relief it went perfectly, one of the easier jobs Ive done to be honest. Was doubly glad because I can now get reverse which I was concerned about before as ever since the engine and gearbox went together it wouldnt go in, result!!

Didnt have time to bleed the brakes, but I did manage a quick pootle to see if she would move on her own, and she did, without trouble. I did have to sit on a wooden box mind, but one of the most rewarding things ive done.

Now to crack on and get it road worthy!
                                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Working...
                                X