No announcement yet.

B3 Coupe quattro 32V V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The jig worked a treat, simple aswell, happened by accident when i was comparing gearboxes side by side stood upright.
    removed front subframe this morning in prep for engine and box refit tomorrow. Also removed 5 speed prop which i need to frankenmate with the front half of the 6spd one.

Another thing, the 6 speed sifter mech i have, theres a circular ring around the plastic bush which has split, hopefully i can use part of te 5 speed mech, anyone have any experience here?

Epoxy should be okay, says 150c but only time will tell i guess.

Oh, and tomorrow i shall be attending a "speed awareness" course, courtesy of the nazi hiding behind a wall with a motorcycle mobile speed gun. Yay.

Cheers.
    1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
      Another thing, the 6 speed sifter mech i have, theres a circular ring around the plastic bush which has split, hopefully i can use part of te 5 speed mech, anyone have any experience here?
      Same as one I saw recently, is it possible to machine a groove in where the ring is supposed to sit and insert a decent quality circlip same as later vw's/audi's have?

Comment

• yeah those clips are a PITA, but your 5 speed one will fit - if you can get it off without breaking it! Otherwise i'm sure you can buy them from the stealer

Good to see you'reprogressing with this one dude
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Ok, I did manage to use the one from my 5 speed linkage, but i think the main culprit was the bonded rubber bush which hold the pivot cup into the housing had failed so the whole lot had fallen down. So ive just given it hell with some 2 part epoxy glue stuff, nice and solid now, I might fill the void from the bottom with some rtv or something, whatever i can get in there.

Mated the engine and gearbox last night, this time the 01E, same issue as before, the clutch cover is just contacting the bulge inside the gearbox where the diff is. its very slight, ive spaced the gearbox from the engine with 1 washer and its enough for clearance, easier than pissing about grinding bits away.

Was about to throw it in the engine bay to trial fit with the subframe and the gearbox mounts I made as they need drilling to match, but the forklift overheated and died, again. I really need a second hand, bit of a pain in the arshe doing it by yourself with a forklift....

Fingers crossed its going in today.

Also got a couple of relays and fuse holders coming today, and new battery cable for mounting in the boot.

Cheers.
          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Gonna have to call it off soon.

Couldnt get the engine and gearbox in today, too much of a hassle on my own with a forklift truck. really need a load leveller and a proper crane. Had a few scary moments.

Decided to concentrate on wiring today instead, running nw battery cables to the boot, added relay next to battery for fuel pump, extra relay and fuses for ignition coils, run power and ground for 034 ECU, and generally tidied up and labelled every wire that I need to keep, or reuse.

Im moving house, again, on saturday, so tomorrow I need to remount the subframe and get the wheels connected back to them so I can move the car.

Unfortunatly that also means the car is going back into storage until I can find somewhere to keep the car where I am moving, and trailer it down there.

Its so frustrating as I have everything in place to get the car running, but I dont have the time or enough hands to do it myself.

I really wanted to hear this thing fire before I moved, but being realistic its not going to happen.

Parting shot:

Attached Files
            1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• turbo
              1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
                  turbo
                  Is this an episode of knight rider? where's the hoff?!

Comment

• Bi - Turbo!

Comment

• Nah, big single.

Thought why the hell not, it would be rude not to.

Its pretty much a Garrett GT37, from a scania 8.9l diesel.

Hopefully will be working something out this month as regards to moving the car so i can work on it again, 90% convinced my boss to let me keep the car in the hangar at work, so ill have full workshop facilities, lifting, welding, airlines, etc etc and help if i need it.

Cant wait to get stuck in again.
                      1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Where it is installed?

Place under the hood of a very few

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                          If space is tight i've seen 3 v8's now that use a big single turbo or use a supercharger f**king cool project this I'll be watching this one!

I've put V8 in the thread title hope you don't mind it needed to be done

Jamo, any links to these single turbo v8s?

My turbo is a twin scroll housing so im hoping to just flip the manifolds and run each bank into a custom flange. But would be interesting to see what others have done with the space.

Ive seen a couple of v6 turbos but not found a v8 in a small chassis.

Im hiring a transporter in a few weekends time to bring the car home.
                          kieron.
                          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• seen a single turbo mount at the back in the middle like the tdi's and the throttle body moved to the front in an 80quattro

Comment

• They were on motorgeek and general bet I didn't keep the links as they weren't if longterm use to me

Comment

• wasn't there a v8 turbo 80 on pistonheads for sale in ireland a few month back? maybe someone saved the pics...

Comment

Working...
                                X