• Very nice project!

Updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by psiconauta911 View Post
      Very nice project!

Updates?
      +1

Comment

• Not Done much to be honest, haven't had the time. Been working alot, and trying to entertain a certain female who has latched herself to my side.

Only things I can think of right now, are

-Replaced 4 bar MAP sensor in ECU for a 1.25 one for more tuning resolution, as its going to be NA for now.

-Removed and cleaned up both Valve covers and painted them wrinkle red,

-Removed intake manifold, sand blasted, rebuilt and painted satin black.

-Made adpator plate to use a PWM stepper motor idle valve in place of OEM 2 pin idle valve.

Not actually seen the car for 6 weeks now. Better check its still there.....

I need to finalise my engine mounts, I still want to keep the original chassis cradle type ones, rather than weld onto the subframe, but the mockup I made for the driverside mount, i forgot to make clearance for the starter motor, so that needs doing again.

I'm hoping to move back up North in the new year, so I should have much more time and access to the car so I can get things going.

I'll see if i have any more pictures lying around if anyones interested.

Ta.
        Kieron.
        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Pics! :d
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• done much on this recently mate?
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• update?
              BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
              DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

• Good job!!! Respect

Comment

• Not had much time recently with moving house and changing jobs.

Decided to keep it 5speed for the minute until my gearbox decides its had enough, shouldnt be long as it was on its way out anyway.
                  Only going this way for simplicity and time really. Dont need to fabricate new gearbox mounts and source the correct driveshafts then.

Currently working on the wiring though, ive cut the audi ABZ loom that came with the engine, ditched all the bits I dont need and identified everything ready to be spliced into the original 7A power feeds and the 034 IIc ECU loom.

Ive still not fabricated any proper engine mounts, and I need to trim some more off the bottom of the sump until im happy with the position then I cant start again. My original idea for the mounts didnt work as i forgot the starter on the drivers side. Ive got some 1/4" plate steel to make some mounts now, so that is high on the priority list.

Also, currently deliberating between buying a used V6 crossmember or just making my own, I have a V6 coupe radiator which im hoping will be good enough, Ill be using a pretty large oil cooler too.

If anybody has a V6 x member let me know how much you want for it.

Scored some major loot at work this week though, I have shed loads of -4, -6 and more importantly -10 aeroquip type braided hose which i need for the remote oil filter and oil cooler. Saved me a good couple of hundred quid there, well chuffed.

Plan for today / this weekend is to cut open the 7A wiring loom, remove all the harness I don't need, leaving the power feeds I need for the injectors.

I decided to ditch the plugs I had before, the Mil spec circular ones, as the contacts I had were only good for 20g wire and I wasn't confident that would be enough.

Once the wiring is nearly there Im going to get on with swapping the interior out. The car i bare at the minute, apart from the carpet and centre console. Will probably bin the carpet today while im tinkering with the wiring.

I've not posted for a while as Ive not had any real progress to show on here, but things are starting to fall into place and Id really like to get this thing running for my birthday this year, which is June.

Wish me luck.
                  1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Some quick snaps to prove im not dead.

Red on black looks good...

Wiring mess.
                    Pulled most of the 7A harness now, need to run a new power feed from fuse box for injectors as 5 cylinder feed is too weedy for 8 injectors.

Should be seeing plenty of progress in next few weeks.

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Whats the difference with a V6 crossmember? I have a non S2 crossmember lying about that I was originally going to adapt for the stroker but bought Wagner instead

Comment

• Jamo, need the v6 crossmember so I can get the V6 tad in the correct position without making my own supports. Got one source now anyway so well see if its as plug and play as I'm hoping.
                        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• The 80 1.9 tdi and 2.0E use front mount rads and are fairly common in breakers, might be worth a look as well? I don't know where the inlet/outlet on those are though.
                          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                            The 80 1.9 tdi and 2.0E use front mount rads and are fairly common in breakers, might be worth a look as well? I don't know where the inlet/outlet on those are though.
                            Pretty sure the 1.9 and 2.0 models will have different mounts for the rad, the v6 one is huge.

I have one on the way anyways.
                            1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Nice work as its good to see another V8 in a Quattro

Comment

• nice work dude, its coming along nicely by the looks
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X