Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

Time for a big update.

Car has been off the road for a while as I bought an S2, which I recently sold.

Now that I have a sensible daily, I can concentrate on something stupid.

So, as the chassis has mostly been sorted on the coupe, I decided I wanted more powerz.

I was intending to go 20VT, so I rebuilt my original head with new valve guides, seals, a skim, regrind etc etc.

Then changed my mind, decided to do something a little less common than your everyday 20vt conversion.

So, now I have one of these:

One of these:

One of these:

Lots of this:

Appologies for crap pictures, my phone is wrecked.

So, to summarise,

4.2 ABZ engine, 01E 6spd, 034 stage IIc ECU, lots of wiring and plugs.

I also have a new interior to fit during the swap too.

More to follow....
    1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Top job, see if you can do it before Wab ( he's going to bite soon )

A4kquattro will be your friend

Any future plans to turbocharge it?

Comment

• Interior rehash.

Interior wise, heres whats happening:

3 Spoke wheel to replace my crappy one

Ripped this ****** out

To replace with this:

Full set of these to go in:

Inside currently looks like this: I hate wires.

Engine out, loom out, almost.

More to come..... need to eat.

Kieron.
        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
          Top job, see if you can do it before Wab ( he's going to bite soon )

A4kquattro will be your friend

Any future plans to turbocharge it?
          Haha, I did have a good read through both Wab's and Marcs projects, and they're probably the inspiration for it.

I've been in touch with Marc, "A4kquattro" just ordered to parts to make the swap a little easier, and will no doubt be utilising his skills and knowledge in some form or another.

I'm just going to get the thing up and running first, eventual plans are to turbo it of course, maybe twin K24s as they're perfect flow wise, but theres not much room at the side of the Vs for external wastegates. Time will tell.

Main issues for installation are of course that its from an automatic A8, which means it has a flex plate and not a flywheel, and also the RH side of the engine has a huge oil/water heat exchanger, which I will be moving and using a remote thermostat, filter and oil cooler.

Will be fabbing custom mounts for engine, and also GB as im not paying stupid money for the GB mounts, theyre pretty simple items really.

As you can see from the pics earlier, I'm using Milspec plugs kindly "donated" by/from work to adapt the 034 harness to fit the ABZ loom. Using the plugs means I can work on the looms in half seperatly, rather than trying to splice them together "permenantly", and also, for extra bling blings.

That is all.

Kieron.
          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Keep up the good work

What else you got planned for the car, quick tidy up etc.

Comment

• If space is tight i've seen 3 v8's now that use a big single turbo or use a supercharger f**king cool project this I'll be watching this one!

I've put V8 in the thread title hope you don't mind it needed to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                Keep up the good work

What else you got planned for the car, quick tidy up etc.

Well most of the usual wear and tear stuff has been done, subframes overhauled, rebushed all round, new shocks and coilovers.

It does need the bonnet respraying and a new front LH wing, but i'm not to bothered cosmetically at the minute, I'd like to keep it looking like a dirty sleeper. Will be keeping the B3 front end, and the CQ bumper if if fits over the radiator, should do.

Kieron.
                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Rock out with your male hen out, thats pretty cool!
                  Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

Top job, see if you can do it before Wab ( he's going to bite soon )
                    Wab's working on 2 at the moment:mischeif:

I'm sure one of them will be ready soon
                    sigpic
                    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

I've put V8 in the thread title hope you don't mind it needed to be done

Ta Jamo, I editted the original post, but it didnt work as I expected....

-K
                      1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Nice addition to the car! Are you using a flexplate adapter or sourcing a manual flywheel? Or something else?
                        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                          Nice addition to the car! Are you using a flexplate adapter or sourcing a manual flywheel? Or something else?

Will be using flexplate insert from 034 motorsports and asoutbend clutch.

Need to crack on with the wiring, anyone have A8/ABZ engine wiring diagrams, had a quick search on google and found a few pages, but a motronic pinout would be ideal.

Cant wait to get stuck in, just booked a couple of weeks off work.

-Kieron.
                          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Hi matey,

Proper jealous, so so busy at work have no chance of getting my V8 done, done a little bit so if you can feed off it and save time great, had to get jiggy with the angle grinder but found a pretty simple solution for engine mounts, means you can keep the standard oil filter arrangement.

HTH

Simon

Comment

• awesome mate, awesome. Really glad you've decided to do something stupid with it
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Mild update:

Received all of my 034 stuff now.

Flex plate insert with friction surface for clutch

Southbend Clutch kit SS stage 3

As you can see the auto flex plate has a built in 60-2 toothed ring built into it, which i will be using once ive drilled a suitable hole in the gearbox.

Unfortunatly I cant mount the flywheel assembly to the crank yet, as the bolts that were supplied by 034 dont fit properly as their heads are too big and interfere with each other.

like this:

So,onto fitting the engine.

Ive cut out the battery box, will be sticking the battery in the boot later on, removed the ABS pump and the brake master cylinder. I will be ditching the hydraulic brake servo too, but I couldnt find a spanner small/bent enough to get at all the bolts.Will be converting to good old vacuum assist from a lesser 80/90 model.

Had to remove the RHs headlight as theres not enough room the get the V in, and there was an extra dowel on the V8 bellhousing that didnt match up with the tranny.

Oh and some chopping of the sump was needed to clear the subframe:

This part of the bellhousing extened bellow the diameter of the bellhousing on the 01A/E and is completely useless. So choppy choppy.

Also there are some fins on the bottom that need to be trimmed, I still need to do a little more here as its just touching now its bolted up the the gearbox.

Heres how it looks right now:

Got it mated the the gearbox with a few bolts, and started mocking up some engine mounts.

I didnt get very far, had to call it a day.

I did intened to get much more done this week but ive had alot on. And im off the "sunny" north wales this afternoon, then back to work next week.

That is all right now.
                                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Working...
                                X