The '2 ton bugswatter' - back for a gentle stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
    I always short shift out of first anyway, it makes your 'opponent' think they've won, then you bury it in 2nd and sail past them
    Hehe, that's my favourite move too. Nothing like letting someone have a moment of macho 'my cars faster than yours' satifaction before leaving them in a wake of a snarling I5
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Well the fun doesn't stop on the transmission front. Went up to Will@VRS to sort the box today and as we pulled the box of we discovered an incredibly heavy concentration of sticky goey stuff smeared in a stream all round the gearbox in line with the flywheel.

Yes we have found the limit of a dual mass before it spits its guts out. Its lower than my power and redline

So we stared at it and stared at it a bit more never occured to take photos of course and decided to not fit a dual mass again. So decided to get the box stripped for inspection and as will suspected the edge of the 1st/2nd hub had knurled the edge of it's teeth. A quick mod later and it was all sliding smoothly again.

Leaving them to put the box back together with one concern out of mind I done the usual internet search to look for the best cost effective alternative. The stage3+ clutch was holding out well so I felt reluctant to ditch it as it had less than 1500miles on it and near mint. So I've decided to try out the lightweight 034 rs2 replacement. Hopefully be with me early next week to get the car back on the road and finally down the strip.
      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• how many torque are you using more or less? near to 800nm?

good luck with the next one¡¡
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• I use the clutchnet sinter sprung 6puck and it doesn't seem too uncivilized (except the chatter 1500-2000). It know though if it will hold up to your power goals.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Did the flywheel arrive in the end, JP? Are you nearly ready to strip, as it were?!

Comment

• Ah yes new flywheel arrived, held up fine. went down quarter tires and rear diff didn't ike it sorted out rear diff tires and wheels and got bored wanting more power. So she's of the road at the moment at Quattro Coachworks where I'm fitting the new turbo (just downpipe and recirc valve left to go).

Then it stays of the road as they strip the car for a full colour change. Hopefully all done incl remap around End August/September
              UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• JP, have you settled on a new colour ?
                Last edited by macspring; 5 June 2012, 23:57.

Comment

• Yes
                  UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Little teaser of work in progress for those that don't know me on facebook or follow the business on there.
                    Attached Files
                    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• That WG setup looks interesting, is that one vacuum top and bottom and two water lines?

Are you using a 4 port WGFV?
                      91 S2 coupé - RIP
                      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                        That WG setup looks interesting, is that one vacuum top and bottom and two water lines?

Are you using a 4 port WGFV?
                        I think 2 of those are water cooling.

Comment

• Yep one of the new watercooled mvr's

Left is water feed middle bottom im waiting on a fitting to t into the turbo. Right is water return to water rail. Top is boost control. I have to buy some tie straps though otherwise it wont work
                          UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• The Facebook pics are awesome!

Comment

• Looks really nice, but why only in facebook and not here? Some of us don't have a facebook account, and sure not gona have one in the future either.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                                Looks really nice, but why only in facebook and not here? Some of us don't have a facebook account, and sure not gona have one in the future either.
                                that's my man

Comment

Working...
                                X