• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet! Roll on ADI then
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• All being well the car will be down at ADI.

I got the radiator fitted and coolant bled, gave the car another coat of wax and tidied up a few loose ends like fixing the clips on the sunroof switch panel.

Took the car for a good blast this evening to make sure everything is ok ready for MOT tomorrow. Only the alignment left to do then its all done ready for a good hoon down!

96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Passed it's MOT with flying colours, had all the wheel alignment sorted yesterday so all ready for a nice road trip this weekend!

96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Have a good trip down - its looking
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Looks awesome mate, have a good drive down
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
              Passed it's MOT with flying colours, had all the wheel alignment sorted yesterday so all ready for a nice road trip this weekend!

Tidy !
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Thanks guys, just checked in at the premier inn opposite the morrisons we're meeting at so anyone down this ends welcome to join at the brewers fayre next door for a few pre show drinks!

Went to jetwash the car just before arriving at the hotel and straight away after started boost cutting @1 bar. First time it's ever done it and I must admit it's brutal! Pulled over, wiggled the MAF and gave the MFTS a knock and everything seems spot on again!
                96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Great build thread and quite a transformation too! What was the suspension that you were running before the KW's were fitted?

Sorry we didn't get chance to have chat at ADI, but there is always next year!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Thanks Andy, I'm going to try and get out in the s2 more so hopefully a few more events to go to next year and not just ADI.

The old springs hardly had any paint left on them but there was some blue powder coat left so I'm guessing they were H&R springs and I know for sure the inserts were Koni's. It did drive very nice on that setup but I just decided to go for KW's during the rebuild.
                    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Ah, cool. Do suppose you've still got them have you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      sigpic

Comment

• I'm sure they are in the workshop somewhere. Not sure on the condition though.
                        96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Ooooh!! If you can find them, then I'd be interested in them! [emoji106][emoji4]

sigpic

Comment

• Damn, looks fantastic!

Comment

• Thanks for the comments!

Andy, I'll dig them out this week and see what condition they are in and let you know. I know the springs were corroded but were complete, will strip the dampers out of the uprights and see if they are still working.
                              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
                                Andy, I'll dig them out this week and see what condition they are in and let you know. I know the springs were corroded but were complete, will strip the dampers out of the uprights and see if they are still working.

Great stuff, thanks m8 [emoji4][emoji106][emoji108]

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X