• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks great Tim, much better. Subtle, the way nature intended
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Cheers Alex, thanks for the measurements of yours btw, made it nice an easy to pritty much build it in work away from the car
      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• NPs mate
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• New exhaust tip looks loads better!
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• ADI prep recently has gone from bad to worse, this video pritty much sums up how me and the s2 are feeling.

It certainly wasnt a great start to the weekend when it suddenly starts running like this when it has never really misbehaved before sinse the rebuilt 2 years ago. After sorting out the poor MAF connection causing the poor idle, I noticed a coolant puddle underneath the car.

Stripped the 18month old BEHR rad out to have a look. Turns out the poor casting on one of the outlets had cracked. After a few attemps of plastic welding on just the outside to no avail, I decided to remove the lower end tank to try and repair from the inside.

Even after plastic welding on the inside and out it still leaks out once pressurised so obviously my plastic welding skills arnt up to much haha
            I've ordered a new cheap (£24) 10v radiator to atleast get me to the show then ASAP get a big ally one.

Not all the jobs have to c**k though, sprayed up a spare set of rear lights with red tint to see how they look, plus my old ones were leaking suprise suprise. Also managed to finally get round to fitting the correct headlight glass with the clear halfmoon in the lense.

This all means that from now until the show I have to fit the new rad, get it out for a few shake down runs before the long trip to the show, get it tested and taxed and get it 4 wheel aligned!

Ona lighter note, instead of going to my workshop to just get frustrated and end up breakung something else, I spent todayat anglesey circuit watching the vw funcup witha few beers in the sunshine

96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Thats a PITA with the radiator, I think I am just going to get an alloy one as well.

Red lights look good, subtle but quite a big overall improvement.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Cheers Andy, got it out of the workshop for the first time last night after fitting the lights and they don't look too bad at all. I wasn't sure whether they might be abit too much red on red.

Little bit of an update, still no radiator but I'm still hoping it will turn up in time. Some other parts have arrived though,

Aero wiper arms and blades.... Thanks to Error404 for the part numbers.

Also gave it a good was and decontaminated the paint ready for a clay bar session tonight. Hopefully try and make it less pink!
                96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• What colour are the wheels, gonna get mine done and they look nice

PS I fitted a gen vag radiator about 10 years ago and it still going strong, think it was £150. Hope that hasn't jinxed it

Comment

• I couldn't tell you the colour unfortunately, when I had them done I just pointed to an example they had that looked good and then when I got these back they were like this (no where near what I wanted) and 1 is a lighter shade than the rest. Sort of lucky for me 2 of them have had water get under the powder coat in the centres so will need them redone again so will be either normal anthracite or silver this time. I hoping this cheapy radiator I've ordered will last long enough to get to the show and back and then I'll just bite the bullet and get a decent alloy one.

Hope yours does last, 10 years is good going for a radiator on one of these!
                    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Still no radiator grrr! Chased my supplier and they've promised it to me for the morning so hopefully she'll be back up and running tomorrow evening!

Fitted the wipers tonight, they still need to be adjusted slightly to get them sitting slightly lower and closer to the bonnet line but I need to take them off again to replace the pollen filter and clean the scuttle.

Before...

After...
                      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Much tidier/cleaner looking.

What did that set you back for the arm kit?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• I'm not 100% sure I'll have a look at the invoices in work tomorrow. I decided to just get them straight from TPS in the end.
                          96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Radiator turned up...... Wrong one!.... (*****insert expletive here*****)
                            96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Muppets!
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Correct radiator finally turned up after send first wrong one and then sending me an Aux radiator????

Will post more tonight or tomorrow once its fitted, bled and taken for a blast!

96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X