No announcement yet.

My S2 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks great Tim! This has to be one of my favourite S2 coupes!
    Tbh I get slightly better mpg on my MTM chips. I dont know if it helps you but I see 1.1-1.2 bar normally and up to 1.4 bar on overboost.
    Might have to get me one of those linkage braces.... Stick that pic up on Andy C's linkage brace thread, I know he was after a pic of it fitted
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

• Glad you got that headlight lense changed. Couldnt help but notice at ADI lol
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• I didn't realise I hadn't updated this for so long,

Here's a few pictures until I sort out an update.

96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
        96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Looks great as do many Audi's in red, IMO.

Comment

• Still looks great Tim, as it was when we saw it in October
            What's the plans now for it then?
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Quite abit has been done since you last saw it in october.

-I freshened up the front fogs (thanks for the tips Error!)

-Had to re fit the standard exhaust and downpipe (with decats and rear silencer) as the old system just got too much even though i don't use it that much.
              I did have the car booked in with Charlie @ pro-speed but went down to Cardiff the night before and ended up snowed in, in the hotel.

-Still need to get the steering and suspension geometry set up properly

-Still need to fix the PAS leak and slight sump leak.

I did have plans to now start buying more performance parts but due to buying a house this will have to be sidelined for a little while until the funds can be saved, it's a shame as there's loads I would love to do to it just money won't allow.

I have still got Acidburn's old avantguard alloys that I might try and refurb too see what they look like, I also have a replica RS2 grill to have a play around with to see if I can make it look ok.

On the plus side I still have other projects to keep my busy, my Golf Mk2 track car and a '74 Beetle resto!
              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• I have know gone trough all the 20 pages I like your car and the way you are doing things Clean and top work! Keep it up

Comment

• Thought that for my 1000th post I'd bring this thread back up. been such a long time since i've posted and not much has happened until I broke it again in January and its been off the road again since then. Over the last year life seemed to have got in the way with buying a house and the garage I work or and other work becoming increasingly busy I havent really had any time to do anything to it.

Over the last week I have finally managed to put it all back together so it can go back on the road although I'm still after a few bits for the PAS system as they're past their best now really. I had forgot how well these s2's go, nice to be back behind the wheel again.

A few pictures from this week, still need to wash the dust off and sort some the pink paint out!!

I'm hoping that now I've got a bit more free time and the workshop is a bit emptier I'll have enough time to get the car fully ish sorted again and ready for ADI this year as I missed last year due to work.

As soon as it's had a washed and it taxed back on the road I'll put some more pics up.
                  96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• What work have you had to do to it mate?
                    Whats with the floor pan in the corner?
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Bit of a long story but I managed to somehow damage the front struts on my KW's but the superstar Yaz managed to sort the replacements out under warranty for me! Lucky really as the warranty ran out 4 days after I messaged him. I also had a clunk from the N/S which turned out to be a bush had come loose in the N/S arm and only moved under hard acceleration.

Still got some tidying up to do as the front wings have started to go bad again and the front bumper on the N/S has started to drop as the wings rusting.

I'm on the hunt for an almost full PAS system apart from the pipes I had off you a year or so ago but ill sort a wanted post out soon.

Only other thing on the list apart from a general tidy is to sort the brakes out as they're shocking! I'll need a full set of pads all round as they've got old and contaminated, get all 4 discs resurfaced as they're pritty much new.
                      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Disappointed to hear about the KWs, hope mine don't go bad they are well out of warranty I think. Not done more than about 3k miles though.
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I honestly believe that KW's are great and that my fault was more than likely down to driver error....
                          96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Thought I'd give this a slight update as I've done some work to it in prep for ADI next month.

Finally got rid of the oval tailpipe that was on the car when I bought it. I managed to make one in the end using an old focus ST system that was left in my workshop after fitting a miltek for the owner.

Cut the tailpipes off, shaped the pipes and then welded together. I also tried to stagger the tailpipes so it would maybe look it flowed with the bumper a bit more.

-old tailpipe.

-new tailpipe tacked together before final weld and trimming.

-Fitted after a clean and polish

All I really need to do now before ADI is to tidy up the bodywork a bit and sort a few odds and ends and get the geometry set up again.
                            96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Although I think the oval pipe didn't look bad at all this is better

Comment

• Yeh a lot of people didn't mind it too much but it stuck out 3 inches past the opening of the bumper and couldn't have been easily shortened.
                                96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X