• Show
Clear All

• Is it part 2 on this?

012301457C
    oil seal / also use:
    16X24X6 01E 311 120 /

From vagcat btw, so no guarantee on part number etc

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Cheers andy, that could well be it. The sizes certainly sound about right.
      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
        Gave the box a quick clean was really dirty and the underside was a pig to clean.

For cleaning dirty aluminum parts http://www.jennychem.com/film-remove...super-5lt.html
        Audi S2 Coupe 1995
        VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
        VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
        Carrera Subway 8

Comment

• Thanks for the link, ordered some to clean the rest of the box and all the other bits and bobs.

Big update,

First off my package from Mac @ EFI express turned up.

I took the seals to my friends workshop on the intention off finishing the head but with everything on this car that didnt go to plan.

First off set about removing the valves.

but when trying to remove the inlet valves 8 were found to be sticking in the guides.
          On a closer look most of the valves have slight damage on the top causing them to get stuck in the guides when trying to remove them.
          sorry about the blurry picture but its hard to get a close picture on an iphone.

So new inlet valves and guides have been ordered and then once the head is skimmed by my friend this week the rebuild will continue.
          96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Thats a nice collection of new shiny bits!
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Small but long overdue update,

Haven't really dome much to the Coupe over the last few weeks and still trying to build up money to send off the bottom end to JNL Racing to get is all balanced up.

Few parts have turned up though,
              First off was a set of KW V1's from Yaz, great bloke to deal with I would recommend his excellent service to anyone!

Also had a down pipe turn up, again thanks to Robo. This will finish off the rest of the system I bought off Newsh.
              Ive just mocked it up in the vice to see what needs changing to get the wastegate connected.

Lastly I've started stripping the suspension trying to get all the parts ready for powder coating.
              Started by removing the bushes from the front subframes and arms,

Then just left with a big pipe of rusty suspension.

Next up is to remove the rear subframe and diff, then get stripping those.
              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Long overdue update!

I tried to make the most of the free time I had over the bank holiday so pooped up to my friends business to finish off the head.

Firstly it was set up on an angled bed

Then using a DTI gauge the bed was adjusted so that it was level.

We wanted to remove as little as possible. After removing just over 1 thou there was a perfect flat face bar one or two small corrosion spots around some of the water jacket holes. After checking with the gasket these were deemed as fine and so it also means there is plenty of surface left if ever it requires another skim.

After the surface was skimmed and the head was re cleaned and all swarf and debris removed the new inlet valves and old exhaust valves were lapped in.

Then just the small task of fitting the new valve stem seals and refitting the springs and collets.

Quick vacuum test to make sure the valves have seated properly.

There we have the finished article.

A few more parts have turned up for the suspension from forum members, mainly some solid subframe bushes, track rod end collars and nuts from Bambridge and front ABS sensors from Acidburn to replace the seized sensor on my front hubs.

Also finished off removing the last of the drive line from the s2 today.

Tomorrow evenings job will be to strip down this big lump of rusty parts ready for blasting and powder coating.

More updates soon!
                96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Nice work but tell your mate to get some proper threadlock lol

Comment

• What suspension was used when you got the car? I mean both springs and dampers. Tnx!

Comment

• I can't say exactly what they are or how much they lowered the car by but there is some blue paint remaining on the springs and a won't know about the dampers until the struts are stripped. I'm guessing they're koni's.
                      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• H&R springs are blue so could be them.

Mines running H&R with koni dampers. Not sure how much it drops but its pretty low.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
                        1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• about 30mm I think
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Yes, I think also they are H&R's. Thanks man!

Comment

• Thanks for the info guys, I will find out what dampers are fitted I just need to strip down the struts first.

Little bit more done tonight. Started stripping down the rear subframe and wow is it rusty!!!

So after stripping the main parts off I left it like this.

And was left with this mess!

Does anyone know if drive shafts differ from side to side? I haven stripped the rear shafts off the diff or taken the front out of the hubs just and just wondering if there is any difference from side to side just so I don't get the mixed up when they're stripped down for painting.

Once all the suspension bits are stripped down to the minimum parts I'll take them to my local powder coaters to get done.

Now that all the suspension is off I can also see the true state of the fuel lines so that will be the next task after the subframes are sent off.
                              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Also does anyone know what diff seals are still available from Audi and if they aren't, then does any one have the size specs of the seals to get some ordered.
                                96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X