No announcement yet.

My S2 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That still giving you grief? Yeh give me a shout when your next down and ill pop over see how this are getting on.
    96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Not too bad actually only failed on a suspension arm/link which i have allready, do you have the special tool at work to hammer out that ****ing bolt on the twin balljoint mount?

http://www.a4mods.com/pics/Suspension/IMG_1206a.JPG

Ill be there sunday morning, it would be good if you came over as i have a slight running issue with it too, vag com wornt pick up any fault codes up on it. i think its a knackerd FPR my self....

Let me know if you can make it!

h
      Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

Sorry mate dont think we have, in the past ive just cut both ends off and hammered it through with a big punch. I can make Sunday morning if you want no probs give me a shout about time when you know more!

BTW, cheers everyone for the comments I think they are starting to grow on me.
        96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Ah ok pal, no problem just thought it would save a lot of hassle. its a date........ oh wait that sound a little inappropriate! never mind catch u then!
          Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

... Just a quick update, didnt realised it had been this long since I last posted anything about my coupe.

The last almost 6 months motoring have relatively problem free with only a few problems left occurring.
            1. the miles to empty has a mind of its own and seems to move from 130 miles to 30 then empty very quickly
            2. I still have a very slight PAS fluid leak from the pump (still need a pump!).
            3. Pre-select sunroof still not working, anyone know of a motor?
            Only parts the cars had recently are 4 front brake flexi hoses that I fitted yesterday as this morning I'm off for a road trip around Northern Ireland for a week.

Hopefully by the time I'm back the car should be just over 170K which is abit of a milestone for me.

I'll try and get some photos of the road trip, and also a shout to anyone that see's a red s2, dont be affraid to wave haha!
            96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Just another small update, just crossing the border at newry, the n/s/f wheel started make awful noise and vibration almost as if the wheel was rubbing on the arch but after a small amount of roadside investigation it turns out was just stuck pads in the carrier. In all the years I've been a mechanic in never heard anything like that.

I've decided that a set of Porsche brakes are a must before ADI, so anyone know of a set forsale then please get intouch!
              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Looking forward to the road trip photos. A week, not a bit jealous.

Kind regards.

Comment

Time for some of the photos, didnt take many as the car was parked up for some time due to staying in the centre of Belfast for 2 days so was in a carpark!

The s2 hit 170k just as we were heading over the boarder so I had to take a photo to celebrate!

On the second day heading north, while on some rural roads near Cookstown we came across an old garage with a few classics parked outside and all forsale!
                  All had been restored at some point in time and most seemed to still be in very good condiiton.

As I said earlier, we stayed in Belfast for 2 days so only real picture I took was with the phone while having a walk about the first evening.

Few of the s2 parked outside my familys house the morning we were heading home!

A set of these also turned up in the post this morning so these shall be going on this weekend aslong as the other parts turn up by then!

Comments welcome!
                  96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Brackets are in the post Tim

Comment

Really nice color to your RX wheels! I love it! Looks very good to your car! Would you reveal the color code?
                      '10 A5 Coupè 2.0TFSI REVO
                      90 quattro

X- 91 S2 Coupè 467hp, 670nm!

Comment

@Bambridge,
                        Thanks very much, I'll let you know when they arrive!

@Lighthouse,
                        I took the wheels to a local wheel powder coaters and I saw some of there examples and picked a colour, the colour of my wheels is nothing like the example I saw so I couldn't tell you the colour code for them sorry.
                        96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Those wheels suit the car perfectly.

Comment

Thats a nice coupe you have! Are you still after carbon trim? i did this to a spare set of the gay wood effect trims i had laying about...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...hlight=younger

And i think the black surround grill is spot on

cheers

Comment

The brackets from Bambridge turned up today along with the discs from GSF.

I just quickly mocked everything up so now just to wait for saturday so I can get the s2 up to my unit to chance them over!

Just a quick picture of them together.
                              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

@Tony, It's all sorted now thanks, managed to get a set off aronmatic awhile back!
                                96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X