No announcement yet.

My S2 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a quick look when the coolant light first came on and that was the pipe that looked like the jet of water was coming from. does anyone know what sort of length the pipe is and if it has any bends in it? I havent got a copy of ETKA or ETOS anymore so cant check myself.
    96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Well this weekend turned out to be a lot more annoying than first planned.

First off started by replacing the little water pipe that comes off the water manifold and goes to the metal pipe going to the turbo, wasn't to bad a job just removed the PAS pump and managed to get it through the gap. While I had the PAS pump off I noticed that the fluid was abit old so I let it drain and changed it.
      After fitting the pipe and fitting a clean expansion tank I got off madwolf, I topped up the antifreeze and decided to give the whole engine bay a clean as most of you said from the last pics the inlet manifold was covered in s***. After cleaning the bay and bleeding through the coolant I left the car to run so the bay could dry out.

I wont into a long story but all seemed fine until I took the car out that evening and it started to develop missfires which turned out to be water around 3 plugs and injector 4 wiring plug full of water, I thought this would be a perfect time to fit a new cam cover gasket, remove the throttle body and give it a good clean and finnish cleaning the inlet manifold and cam cover.

I didnt really take many pictures of the jobs as it was raining but I managed to get one of the bay after a clean but before I treated all the plastics.

Cheers, Tim
      Last edited by TimE-J; 14 February 2011, 19:59.
      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Looks good mate, takes me back that to my first few months of s2 ownership!
        Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

UPDATE.

Picked up a set of wheels of terrybullwon last weekend and over the week had them stripped and power-coated.
          The finish of the wheels is great but Im still not sure on the colour. I asked for flat gunmetal and they came out looking almost dark chrome. Still in two mind in whether to get the faces re-painted in the colour I was after.
          Sorry about the pictures as the car and wheels are dirty so ill have to try and find a picture of them clean.
          Opinions please!

Thanks to James again for the wheels, hope you dont think I've ruined them

Cheers, Tim.
          96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

I really like them! Dont think they look chromy or chavy at all! think the car looks really good on them. I'd say keep them!
            1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Wheels look good mate. Leave them on for a few weeks and see if you get used to them. If not, then you know what you have to do.
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

They look good

I ordered a couple of new sets but there not here yet

Your get away with some spacers in the rear yet
                  Chef

Comment

looks great, no need to change it.

Comment

Looks brilliant tim really nice, i wouldn't bother changing them. Thought you were coming over the other week?

Comment

Cheers for the comments guys, really do appreciate them! After looking at the car, the pictures and what James said I think I will try a set of 5-10mm rear spacers and I also want to try and bring the nose of the car down a little as I'm not keen on cars when the rear end down, then I think I will be happier!

@H, sorry mate been really busy with work trying to get some extra overtime, when you next home as I need to drop your rad off and Osh wants to borrow my polisher.
                        96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

They look fab

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice wheels

I like the look and the way your car sits on those wheels! What is the wheel diameter, width, and offset? Is the color gunmetal?

Comment

18x8 ET32 and yeh there a sort of gunmetal.
                              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Ah ye the rad I'd forgotten about that!

Hard to tell really, I think maby sunday/monday my stupid black A4 is going in for mot so the sure the list well be loooooong! lol (I ****ing hate that car). ill let you know for sure tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X