No announcement yet.

My S2 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim, I have been reading your rebuild thread with huge interest this evening.

I hope to aquire a late model S2 over the next few weeks and perform a rolling resto to get the car back to factory spec. You clearly have skills and finance to improve the car, but i want it as it left the factory - perhaps with 300bhp though .

Members on the forum seem helpful and ready to trade parts. I am more used to Porsche as i have had 944 turbos, 968 CS, 911 Carrera and parts were horrifically expensive.

I hope to do a deal on the S2 in hte next few weeks and hope to come asking for help and parts via this forum. Warning - I have little technical know how, so any help is greatly received.

Tim, once again, your car is spectacular and its nice to see a S2 being restored rather than broken.

Comment

• Hi Rav, thanks for the kind comments, it's always nice to get them after all the work that's gone into many of these old cars!

This forum is the perfect and best place for any information on these cars. Members are more than happy to share any technical information they have and in a down to earth manner for anyone to interpret.

Good luck with the hunt for a good s2 and don't forget to post any information on the forum before purchase as a lot of these cars have history that could be traced through the forum.
      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Well.... Where have these 5 years gone??

Its sad to see that the pictures through the rebuild all those years ago have disappeared through photobucket, Ill have to (at some point) upload them from where ever they may be on an old hard-drive.

I guess this is due a bit of an update really.

Whats happened over the last few years? Well, relationships have come and gone, houses bought and sold, had to give up my workshop (where the S2 was rebuilt) and now there's kids dragging me by the ankles but the S2 is still here...just

After the last post on the forum the S2 had a good summer being used almost daily, had a few long runs out here and there and also took a little trip down the strip and Pod . Unfortunately though on Bonfire night in 2015 the S2 got into a little bump. For reasons still unknown to me the handbrake decided to fail and the coupe decided to take itself off down a hill, over a curb, through a hedge and into and taking with it, a fence then finally being stopped by a tree. The damage considering wasn't too bad at the time, although the timing could have been worse! With recently taking on a family in a new relationship and one of my own on the way too, renovating a property while selling another at the same time, all this had to take priority so the S2 was parked up until time/funds/sanity allowed.

Over the years its been started once every 6-7 months just to make sure it still runs and its driven maybe 100 feet but that's it for the last 4 years.as with every car that's stood up, especially outside things have unfortunately deteriorated. the back lamps have leaked and it sat with a good few inches like a fish tank inside, everything turned to mould. The LCD has bled, the boot has peeled a good deal of lacquer, the O/S wing although not rusty has almost turned white with fade. The brakes? they're junk now. It needs a pair of headlamps and the N/S wing has taken a small nudge where it meets the bonnet above the indicator (may be able to pull out without damaging the paint, The bumper has a little damage although I do still have a spare if really needed.

Its going to take some work but I don't want to part with it after all the work that was put into it over the few years I had it before this event.

I'm sure Ill be along to find out whats out there parts wise and what new ideas people have come up with since I was last on the forum regularly, I don't have to say that still not much is going to be done in the near future but there still always hope, I'm still not willing to give up on the old girl.

Heres a picture just for old times sake...

aXU7ty-h.jpeg
        All the best,
        Tim.
        Attached Files
        96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Sorry to hear of your bad luck, Tim. Fingers crossed you'll have the time to fix the old girl up soon. If you're passing Portishead and need an I5 fix, drop me a line
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• I may well take you up on that, I’ll be passing in Feb.
            96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• pics looking good bro!! go for it ! you'll feel much better for it! but also life counts so getting a good balance and health matters x

Comment

Working...
              X