Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    PS don't leave your calipers dangling from the flexi lines you will damage them
    As Alex says! , get the weight of those hoses, causes them to bulge prematurely where they enter the ferells.

Looks VERY tidy under there, very like mine does at the mo, POR 15 by any chance? I dread getting mine dirty, actually that's a lie, I can't wait to get mine dirty.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Thanks for the comments, glad you approve!

Normally there's no way id leave the calipers hanging but they aren't going to be used again, along with the flexis..Just having issues getting them off lol

Bit annoying about the droplinks...ill find the old ones and check. They do clear though...

The underside is just waxoyl. The rear subframe and wishbones are por15 but the rest is powdercoat.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
      1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• And don't worry, of course the rarb will be on the hardest setting

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

• final update of the october build session (until next paycheque anyway...)

i've been put on some gash diet for my crohns disease which basically means i cant have tea or coffee (or worse...beer!) but this means less tea breaks...productivity goes up alot!

I managed to get most of the engine bay back together now but i think a few items may come back out...my OCD is kicking in....

Propshaft serviced and fitted, the grease in there was very thick and old!

Comment

• Lots of shiny shiny!
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• front suspension all in and remembered to plumb the diff in!

No pictures...forgot my camera!

Comment

• some pics of the progress!!

the Classic tractor came back out!

Comment

• Good job on the crank locking tool!
                  91 S2 coupé - RIP
                  98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Just ordered my -10 braided hose and fittings for the oil cooler....that was EXPENSIVE!!! But will look awesome

Comment

• What fittings did you go with? Also what did you mean a few post back about plumming the diff in? (apologies if its a daft question)
                      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
                        What fittings did you go with? Also what did you mean a few post back about plumming the diff in? (apologies if its a daft question)
                        I got them from speedflow. I believe you get what you pay for with this type of thing and the cheapy chinese stuff on ebay didnt seem to satisfy that belief! I want this to last quite a long time!

I got my fuel lines and fittings from speedflow and they were top stuff.

Needed the following:

4 x 90deg -10 Hose Fittings
                        2 x -10 to M18x1.5 adaptors
                        2 x M18 Dowty Seals
                        2m -10 Braided Hose.

Speedflow have 15% off braided hose if you use the code 15%SS

The diff plumbing was the 2 rubber hoses to control the diff lock that go into the control unit under the back seat

Comment

• I dont' agree speedflow are way overpriced compared to say JLS or Torques UK and they are on a par in quality

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                            I dont' agree speedflow are way overpriced compared to say JLS or Torques UK and they are on a par in quality
                            Dont even put quality from Speedflow any where near Torques they are nothing alike.

Earls are the very best and again twice as expensive as speedflow. But you get what you pay for as Will said.
                            Chef

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                              I dont' agree speedflow are way overpriced compared to say JLS or Torques UK and they are on a par in quality
                              Ive had fittings from all of those places over the past few years and I'd say Speedflow are noticeably better quality. Plus torques uk dont seem to seem 90 deg -10 and JLS website seems to be down alot!

I know a few people at goodridge and they say how bad the cheaper fittings can be (and no...they arent the sales guys!)

but if you think speedflow are overpriced, check out earls! we use them at work but dam they're good and the quality is better than anything out there. you definitely get what you pay...

Comment

• Cheers for the info will!
                                96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                                96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X