Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I struggle with paddock it's getting it stopped and then turning in Tom Chilton was there last time and came over to complement the car I chew his hand off for some pointers helped but still could be a lot faster down there.

See how late the Btcc cars brake

https://youtu.be/OmWhIMpA6f8

Chef

Comment

• If that other car wasn't there on the exit of Clarke curve Dale would have been wider and a lot faster!
      Chef

Comment

• Ha. Looks like a Sunday drive. Compare that to this year lap round the Indy from Ingram, his car appears all over the place. No doubt braking last minute is the way forward but it takes time to gain that confidence

Comment

• Just a thought, if we do a test day together will you cook us lunch �� Lol

Comment

• Melted bacon Brie and chill Jam sandwiches on the turbo

I was trying to find ingrams lap. Matts car looks soft
            Chef

Comment

• Best way I know to make a racecar faster. Work on the spacer. The one that fills the gap between the steering wheel & seatback.
              "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Nice but expencive doggy!

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• +1 for coaching.. but it wold open you up for a lot of passy lap requests
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Engine position is always going to be an issue with an S2/quattro. Even with the S1, Audi never managed to overcome physics when compared to the Peugeots and Lancias, although they can't be accused of not trying! It's just a huge amount of weight in front of the axle, which is going to dull the turn-in and cornering

Can you get a more modern quattro gearbox in there, with the flywheel mounted behind the front diff? Got to be worth a few inches of engine movement rearwards?
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• I think chef is close to 50/50 weight distribution now with the tube front end
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Yeah engine came back a lot corner weights are good it's just the poor shaft angles you have to live with.

I think I would rather build something else like a RS5 or R8 rather than keep throwing money at this one
                        Chef

Comment

• Engine is back in. New front fluid damper from Isam and the dry sump belt moved to the outer side of the timing belt. New V belt for the Alternator and a full set of new braided lines front to back. Fired it for the first time the other day and runs like a train.

Minor changes to the front removable frame and a belt guard for the dry sump belt.
                          Thanks to JP for getting it all machined, balanced and checked for me look forward to a nose around his new workshop!

Heres a couple of pictures

And one from Audi tuner last year

Chef

Comment

• liking the dry sump cover James 👍🏻 you not running two belts on dry sump pulley? I thought you mentioned something about that must be me bet you can't wait to start racing now you have it bk and better looking forward to seeing it again

Comment

• This could be for sale if there is a buyer for it.....

untill then it will be in use. 2017 updates complete and working well!
                              Chef

Comment

• Hey terry! is this for sale? what would you be looking for it? Its insane!! terrybullwon

Comment

Working...
                                X