Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did see the picture in FB but didn't read where it had come from, could of been worse but still a headache for you.

The newer circuit seems a little faster now, our customer was doing consistent 1.11's around there earlier this year and several other guys I know all seem to be faster than last year.

Keep it up, car sounds like it's going well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
      I did see the picture in FB but didn't read where it had come from, could of been worse but still a headache for you.

The newer circuit seems a little faster now, our customer was doing consistent 1.11's around there earlier this year and several other guys I know all seem to be faster than last year.

Keep it up, car sounds like it's going well!
      Yep 1.11 is the goal! With some ribs added to the bonnet I think I will be happier to go faster!

It's a pain as I had free track time given to me for the forge day this Saturday!

Yeah it's not ideal, but I was very lucky. The bolts will be welded in back and front instead of the backs being crushed.
      Chef

Comment

• Ha funny you say that, the Subaru bonnet looked like it was going to depart any second, not that he owner was too put off by it.

Just fitted dbw to that, now thinking I best check those throttle plate bolts! We were out testing at Snetterton yesterday and there was barely 10 cars on the track at most, perfect conditions really, still left there making some progress but still a few niggles to overcome

Edit:

Just watched your video. Sounds brilliant

Comment

• Ouch! looks like you got away with minimal damage there. It would have been good to see you at the Forge day.
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Jp sorted the damaged head for me. Excellent service!

And I got this hall sender made up as the OEM wired one was not cup of tea!

Chef

Comment

• Saw those posts on Instagram, what's the upgrade to the hall sender?
              Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
              2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
              2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
              1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
              1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

• Silver wire, Milli spec DR25 heat shrink
                Chef

Comment

• When are they available to the rest of us plebs?
                  Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                  2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                  2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                  1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                  1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

• Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                    When are they available to the rest of us plebs?
                    I can get another made up but there not cheap its a hour of the Company's time that built my engine and chassis harness and a few lengths of stuff

But its going to be better than you get from Audi and cheaper
                    Chef

Comment

• Is this the sensor wire for fitting to the rear crank sensor/oil seal 60/2 tooth sensor?

Greg W.
                      They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

• Started this Tuesday. Re torqued head and compression tested Wednesday

Chef

Comment

• I think you have too much money and too much time.

All times very interisting to see what great work you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarstenH View Post
                            I think you have too much money and too much time.

All times very interisting to see what great work you do.
                            Exact opposite no free time and i have no money!

After ADI i had found a issue in the software i had a few numbers crossed up in the internal data logger and after i let off the throttle above 7500rpm the motor was going to complete missfire and would clear and not come back once restarted untill again full load and lift off.

Thanks to Andy P for helping me try and problem solve it!

I was going to Brands this Monday but waiting for the weather to come true and by then the day was full and now the weather looks like its going to be okay.

In the meanwhile i have another car to finish off for some one else with lots of nice parts and toys on. Building it for Club/Pro Time attack spec.

Chef

Comment

• parts are piling up on this side of the water....

got 4 sets of IC clamps today along with the big box the other day....

Comment

• Originally posted by speeding-g60 View Post
                                parts are piling up on this side of the water....

got 4 sets of IC clamps today along with the big box the other day....

Your the Man!
                                Chef

Comment

Working...
                                X