Chef

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
          Take plenty of pics, I fancy having a go at this too
          Melted my CK WP9 not a happy chef

But its done

Chef

Comment

• Nice! You need a water cooled torch and let the shroud cool down from time to time

Only one person to blame if it leaks

These any use to you http://www.rapidwelding.com/dynamic/...-D3GSXXXP&zl=3
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Very nice mate, good job. Hope it solves your hot running issue
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• You can use your old radiator to cool the tig tourch lol looking good

Comment

• That's a lot of welding for an air cooled torch! Good excuse to upgrade to the 200A version!
                  sigpic
                  1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                  1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                  1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                    You can use your old radiator to cool the tig tourch lol looking good
                    Funny enough that's exactly what I am thinking!!!!!
                    Chef

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                      Nice! You need a water cooled torch and let the shroud cool down from time to time

Only one person to blame if it leaks

These any use to you http://www.rapidwelding.com/dynamic/...-D3GSXXXP&zl=3
                      Tested to 8 bar

Yeah it's next on my list !!!!!
                      Chef

Comment

• Nice welding James

I limit my wp9 torch to 130 amp, that's a lot of work for a small torch.

My cooling setup on the rear of the golf is a 300x600x50 twin core rad (tube + fin) with 6 x 4" pipe inlets, the air comes from the rear windows and exits under the floor. Water wise I kept the original pump from the timing belt and switch a Davies Craig 80 on when the water warms up, the fans come on at 80c and water rarely gets to 90c. My water circulates the normal way, In the block and out the head, I also kept the thermostat so have no idea how the water stays below 90, but for some reason it does.

Previously I suffered from 100c temps on the road but now trackdays are not a problem.

Baz
                        Last edited by gnutz2; 5 August 2015, 21:34.
                        The ONLY S2 Golf!
                        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                        10.42@138mph
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

• Originally posted by gnutz2 View Post
                          Nice welding James

I limit my wp9 torch to 130 amp, that's a lot of work for a small torch.

My cooling setup on the rear of the golf is a 300x600 twin core rad (tube + fin) with 6 x 4" pipe inlets, the air comes from the rear windows and exits under the floor. Water wise I kept the original pump from the timing belt and switch a Davies Craig 80 on when the water warms up, the fans come on at 80c and water rarely gets to 90c. My water circulates the normal way, In the block and out the head and I kept the thermostat so have no idea how the water stays below 90 but it does.

Baz
                          Thanks Baz

Yeah i think i found my problem now so i should be able to lap back to back.

The torch broke at the flexi head so i think i might have bent it to far, i was set at 125amp max and all the work was preheated with a blow torch i find the single phase welder really struggles on aluminum some times.

Works alot better preheated.
                          Chef

Comment

• well done two quattros [ incl my rally car] used for race/rally both based in the new forest area im out playing 16th aug

Comment

• Had a good day at Combe on Monday.

New radiator and fans are spot on.......

Stuck a 13.8. I think once i have the confidence to keep my foot in flat all the way up to avon rise i will be in the 1.10's 1.11's

Suspension seems on point, just need to alter the EPS alittle as with the extra caster its very heavy.

I took Phill a motorsport student with me this helped the day alot we got so much done. Hot bleed on the brakes, camber changes tyre pressures and temps as soon as i got off the track. Made changes which in turn made the car go faster and feel better.

Then the screw in the throttle body decided to send its self into No.5
                              It happened right after Bobbies there was a big rattle so i thought to my self its oil starvation and the oil must have climbed the wall in the dry sump tank as it goes to 1.6G left to 1.6G right.

I pulled the engine on tuesday

Well any way here is a short clip of the morning

https://youtu.be/90si9F9WwG0
                              Last edited by terrybullwon; 10 September 2015, 22:57.
                              Chef

Comment

• Oh crap. I would be tempted to weld the head then skim and re use it. Just take the sharp edges off the piston.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X