X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
    Awesome work!

Did you solid mount the engine? I was just going to ask what it's like solid mounted.

Look class!
    Engine was with the 034 mounts first, soild. And kept undoing the turbo side motor mount bolt untill i lock wired it.

Biggest difference made was going to the tube rear frame that could not move. This then gave you the feeling of the backlash in the diffs coming down hard through the gears. Even if the front sub frame kept on moving!

Its now on some nylon bushes that have a solid arm mount to the motor. They will not alow any movement at all. I am certain it will alot better this time around!
    Chef

Comment

• Shake down complete.

Chef

Comment

• Super work as always

Comment

• Vids or it didn't happen
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            Vids or it didn't happen
            This

Comment

• good looking photo!

Comment

• Whats it like to drive? does it understeer much? do you have any stats? ie 0-60 / quarter mile times?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
                  do you have any stats? ie 0-60 / quarter mile times?
                  What was your best time round Lydden?
                  Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                  S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                  '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
                    Whats it like to drive? does it understeer much? do you have any stats? ie 0-60 / quarter mile times?
                    If you tried to 0-60 the car with out a steady rolling start I am almost 100% sure it will explode the carbon prop shaft. It's like driving a large 4wd go cart now. It will not
                    Understeer at all unless you are being stupid with it.

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                    What was your best time round Lydden?
                    Didn't go in the end, they were charging for demo cars?

I went to the Dyno Friday last with Tero one of the designers of the Tatech ecu I run to set up all the new parts with the engine harness so I can get the most out of it. Also there were a few checks to be made because the maps didn't swap straight over. We had a trigger issue so this ment we ended up with less than one hour on the Dyno to check it over.

It did pull first run 470hp with very little ignition timming. On road fuel. After this we had only another 3 runs to check some other areas so I have booked Combe next week to do some remote tunning. In one way Its gone two steps back and one forward. In some sense but it's better for the grand scheme of things. Awaiting a video from ash of the car on it, taken centre boxes out so its alittle louder. Here's a photo

I started to build a new front splitter this one will be one pice carbon here's the plug to make the mold so far! Will be less than 5kg with mountings on rose joints

Last edited by terrybullwon; 7 June 2015, 00:04.
                    Chef

Comment

• Thanks to Carbon Design for this excellent piece of carbon work ( sorry i ruined it )

I now have a belt cover, Fits over the larger VW belt i am using i also made my own carbon bottom section from a plug so the cover is completely carbon. Next i'll work on getting something for the dry sump pump.

Chef

Comment

• Was at brands on monday getting some much needed seat time in.

Weather was abit of a problem. Light to heavy rain and alittle over cast so it did not dry untill i got kicked off at 4.00 for breaking all the circuit noise meters.

It was to dry for wets but not dry enough for slicks, so i went out in the rain on wets which was alittle interesting the first few times. The tyres were amazing when you got the heat into them and you could almost drive as fast as in the dry. With the rear roll bar off and the front turned down it was unstoppable.

Had to bed new pads and discs in the am this took up most of the morning after i was battling to get my wiper to work. After that i put 3 coats of Rain X on and got on with it. I was pulled in before lunch, flat in 5th down the pit straight going over the bump into paddock hill i was throwing sparks from the front splitter scrapping the ground on the front pick ups. So i had to take it off.

Hes a 1.3/.1.4 bar drive by down the back straight in the wet ( turn it up )

Last edited by terrybullwon; 23 June 2015, 22:48.
                        Chef

Comment

• Fierce!

What's left to do now then mate?
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            Fierce!

What's left to do now then mate?
                            Just got to finish the new front splitter so i dont have any more issues. Rear is done but its alot more simple. Get all the data logging channels set up and some brake pressure sensors then i think for now that will do.

Get all the data logging channels set up and some brake pressure sensors,
                            Chef

Comment

• Sounds amazing!

Do you have enough rear aero?
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                                Sounds amazing!

Do you have enough rear aero?
                                Getting there. I am going to have to re route the waste gate into the exhaust now

Doubt it will sound the same
                                Chef

Comment

Working...
                                X