Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost there now. Just a few little bits left to do.

Aluminium frame under way to take wings, bumper, lights, oil cooler, wagner intercooler and a few other bits. I ordered a sheet of aluminium honey comb for the flat floor which i need a very large sheet of glass to lay up the carbon onto.

New pedal box is here so i'll have that in before i trailer it up to J-Tech to stick a set up on it. Corner weights should be spot on now.

Chef

Comment

• Looking good james

Comment

• Fantastic work it really is

Comment

• Approved!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

• Looks cool.

Is the front wishbone mount higher than the rear wishbone mount? If so why.

Are the extra cam belt rollers to stop the belt flapping?
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
              Looks cool.

Is the front wishbone mount higher than the rear wishbone mount? If so why.

Are the extra cam belt rollers to stop the belt flapping?
              Better wish bone angles, alittle added rack. But it will be set at oem for now until it can be tested.

Yes two extra belt wheels
              Chef

Comment

• love the see your developing this already great car, the bolt on aluminium front end is a smart idea, have you retained the snub mount or is it omitted?

It would be great if the intercooler was moved from the front axle too, maybe a chargecooler in the passenger seat location and the pre rad in the boot would get more weight rearward.

Anyway great work
                The ONLY S2 Golf!
                http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                10.42@138mph
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

• Originally posted by gnutz2 View Post
                  love the see your developing this already great car, the bolt on aluminium front end is a smart idea, have you retained the snub mount or is it omitted?

It would be great if the intercooler was moved from the front axle too, maybe a chargecooler in the passenger seat location and the pre rad in the boot would get more weight rearward.

Anyway great work
                  Thanks Baz.

Snub mount has gone if the engine moves there is a serious problem, its designed not to move at all now.

That will up set the go pro at idle again.

I choose to push the intercooler back to the orginal postion so now there is a really large gap 100mm+ . This should help the air through the cooler as its not crashing straight into the front of the motor and getting turbulent. Carsten at Wagner did alot of R&D on that cooler and the data from track days show it really did work well. Its also not to heavy like the Chinese Items.
                  Chef

Comment

• It looks crazy James! I have never run a snub mount with the solid engine and gearbox mounts there is no need.

Good idea on angling the wishbones I have some pictures of the WRC polo and Fiesta and they run angled inboard wishbone pick ups.

Comment

• Almost done.

Just the last few bits now.

New calipers so so so so light. Discs and bells also new.

Front crash structure almost fully welded

Body on

Chef

Comment

• Looking good

Comment

• Originally posted by terrybullwon;834381
                          Front crash structure almost fully welded
                          [URL=http://s81.photobucket.com/user/terrybullwon/media/25C6B04C-0CFC-49B6-89DB-9790A5869009_zpsyxclrkze.jpg.html
                          [/URL]
                          I take it this is all ali tubing? Let have a look at your welds?!
                          sigpic
                          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                            I take it this is all ali tubing? Let have a look at your welds?!
                            yes sure is.

I i'll take you a few close up photo's.
                            Chef

Comment

• Incredible really....
                              I hope you get the uninterrupted track time this warrants

Comment

• can you get some pictures of the fittings that join this to the rest of the car?

Comment

Working...
                                X