• Originally posted by newsh
    Check the dizzy timing is spot on too.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

• Yes there would be a common earth point where they all merge at the A pillar.
      This holding relay is I understand primarily to do with the output tests that the ecu can perform and providing the power for the MAF burn off after shut down. Still the fact that there is no 12V at injectors implies there is an issue as its all on the same circuit.
      The ecu is basically needs the signal from the rpm sensor for the fuel side and the crank position and hall sender for the sparks. Unfortunately you seem to have neither at the moment. For fueling the ecu needs to see the rpm and then its activates the fuel relay which has two contacts, one for the injectors and one for the fuel pump via the respective fuses.
      I am not sure whether a dead holding relay would prevent starting. I would start checking for continuity between the pins mentioned above paying attention to what side of the fuse to check. Its basically a loop. If that wire that you replaced is an earth it woulld be useful to know where it terminates. Think I was a bit confused with the pics as I thought you were showing the brown wire in the red connector was frazzled. Thats why I thought that might be from the ecu rather than an independent earth.

Comment

• Also check pin 19 for continuity to earth. The ecu has earths to the A pillar. Check power at pin 18 and 27 to pin 19 rather than a convenient earth.

Comment

• Decided to put this on hold for now as I wanted to move forward with the BST manifold, Wagner intercooler and now Vacuum brake servo conversion and electric power steering pump installation.

You never know the electrical fairy may pay a visit and fix the problem while we are not looking.

Bought the conversion kit from Error404 along with a dual stage booster and MC from a 3.0 A6 C6 Tdi.
          The EPAS pump is from a MK4 Astra G with mounting bracket that I can hopefully adapt to fit where the battery used to be.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me the fuel hose sizes from the rail to the feed and return hard line?
            Looking to replace my tired braided lines for AN fittings.

Comment

• The car still lives but its been neglected recently.
              Seeing as I haven't updated since May 2019 I thought I would say what I have been up to or should I say NOT been up to.....

As my car is stored over 100 miles from where I live I have not really been able to anything to it over the multiple Lockdowns which has been frustrating.
              It still doesn't start and the paint is completely knackered now so respray added to the 'to do' list.

I did however manage to start fitting the manifold, vacuum servo set up and get some parts powder coated.

I have however bought a new house with a decent (heated) garage so as soon as possible the S2 will finally be back with me where I can actually spend time on it.

Think I am going to pull the engine, to go through and fix all bodged parts of the harness, install new break lines for the servo, generally tidy and give it a good clean. Before starting on the bodywork and paint.

Attached Files

Comment

• And I see it every day

Comment

• Originally posted by Joss View Post
                  And I see it every day
                  Hopefully not for much longer

Comment

• Some nice progress mate, IM and cam cover look great

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                      Some nice progress mate, IM and cam cover look great
                      Yeah they came up really good. Had the strut brace and catch can done the same colour. May get other things in the engine bay done too when I have it out to clean/paint the block etc.....

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Comment

• Over a yeah since my last post guys..
                        I have finally managed to pick my S2 up from Bournemouth and it is not tucked away in the dry at my home. First time in about 8 years the it has been keep where I live.... So time to crack on with everything.. Body work and paint need lots of attention so engine and interior are on hold for now until I can sort the rust out and get it painted.
                        PXL_20220410_165450786.jpg
                        Jet washed all the old paint off that uncovered various areas of surface rust.

PXL_20220413_162819358.jpg PXL_20220501_113812114.jpg
                        Will have to brush up on my welding skills to fix this hole.
                        PXL_20220413_162829502.jpg

Cleaned off some of the rust so far.

PXL_20220501_123536224.jpg PXL_20220501_115215402.jpg PXL_20220501_115719105.jpg PXL_20220501_115712079.jpg PXL_20220501_124106271.jpg
                        ​​
                        Sanding back the panels too ready for skimming and eventually paint etc. when I can afford it and decide what colour.
                        PXL_20220501_184013254.jpg
                        Hopefully there will be more regular updates now that it is easier for me to work on. Progress will be slow but steady.

Attached Files

Comment

• Bet your glad to get it back home, looks like you've got your work cut out bro good luck first time I've seen one that looks worse than mine

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                            Bet your glad to get it back home, looks like you've got your work cut out bro good luck first time I've seen one that looks worse than mine
                            Glad I can make you feel better about your car. lol
                            Its going to be a long road but hey whats another 10 years lol

Comment

• Always a silver lining good news is they are going up in value every year now

Comment

• Previous owner is an idiot...
                                They only went and mastic the rear lights in.

Now I can't remove them

Anyone got any ideas? Tried cheese wire but can get it all the way around....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X