No announcement yet.

The S2 is dead, long live the S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well found the source of the loom meltdown, 20 year old alarm system, now all removed no more issues with my electrics thank god it was getting a bit scary
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Good news. I have a gremlin in my standard Audi Alarm which needs chasing down...
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• I hate electrical issues they are always a nightmare thank god for the recommendation I got for Darren at VW enterprises, top bloke

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
          Good news. I have a gremlin in my standard Audi Alarm which needs chasing down...
          Me too!
          Went out to use the Avant yesterday, opened the door and the honk honk from the boot went off! Then I realised the drivers door isn’t locking or unlocking the other doors any more.
          Any ideas?
          I’m thinking it might just be the switch in the driver’s door.
          Problem is the key doesn’t open the oth side or the boot, either there’s a different key which I don’t have or they’re seized from never being used..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

• Sorry Rikki! Thread hijack

Well done for sorting yours!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post

Me too!
              Went out to use the Avant yesterday, opened the door and the honk honk from the boot went off! Then I realised the drivers door isn’t locking or unlocking the other doors any more.
              Any ideas?
              I’m thinking it might just be the switch in the driver’s door.
              Problem is the key doesn’t open the oth side or the boot, either there’s a different key which I don’t have or they’re seized from never being used..
              There's an actuator attached to the lock that activates the central locking system. The best way to see if it's a faulty actuator is to get a spare actuator. Remove the door card, unplug the actuator and plug in the spare to see if it then works. If it still doesn't you probably have a wiring issue. I found a broken wire in the rubber wire cover at the door hinge when I had the same problem. This way saves you dismantling the lock unnecessarily like I did! Or you could check the wiring at the hinge to start with, might save you some time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Colesy View Post

There's an actuator attached to the lock that activates the central locking system. The best way to see if it's a faulty actuator is to get a spare actuator. Remove the door card, unplug the actuator and plug in the spare to see if it then works. If it still doesn't you probably have a wiring issue. I found a broken wire in the rubber wire cover at the door hinge when I had the same problem. This way saves you dismantling the lock unnecessarily like I did! Or you could check the wiring at the hinge to start with, might save you some time!
                Thanks bud, I’ll check the wiring first, it happened once then was ok, then went wrong properly the next day, so definitely could be the wire.
                If that all looks ok then I’ll pull the door card.
                I’ve got a spare actuator from an ABY coupe somewhere in the cave..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Colesy View Post

It was the switch on the door lock not making contact, replaced with a spare and now all working.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                    Just ordered this too as my 3 month old new one is leaking from the top edge
                    All ally rad lasted five years, just started a small leak at the top anyone know a good UK maker the one from Finland has silly import taxes on top so end up around £500

Comment

• I can highly recommend Collin here: https://www.facebook.com/captaincoll/

Had a rad from him in 2016 and it is top notch. Some more details here:
                      https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...roup-buy/page3

Stick with the stock fan though!

Originally posted by newsh View Post

It was the switch on the door lock not making contact, replaced with a spare and now all working.
                      Good to hear

Comment

• Cheers bud

Comment

• Just finished fitting the 13 row oil cooler, great upgrade if you have deleted the aux rad. Feels much better having it in a place you can keep an eye on it, always thought the original position was a bit strange. Trying to upload pics but message says file too big so will update it when I can

Comment

• Ages since I updated my thread life getting in the way as always anyhoo think I've found the starting issue

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                              Ages since I updated my thread life getting in the way as always anyhoo think I've found the starting issue
                              Share please!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• 20220605_153328.jpg filthy

Comment

Working...
                                X