Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work!

Comment

I've changed the water pump on my car as well but the metal part you have all rusty in the picture it was from plastic on my pump. I don't understand why your pump has that part from metal

Good luck with the project Andy!

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
        WTF??? Really? What,like a sandwich?
        Just done my sump gasket it is made up of two card gaskets and a metal bit in between them they are about £20 each from Audi you don't need to get the metal bit just re-use yours

Comment

Originally posted by bartolomeus View Post
          I've changed the water pump on my car as well but the metal part you have all rusty in the picture it was from plastic on my pump. I don't understand why your pump has that part from metal

Good luck with the project Andy!

The metal ones are the original item, most replacements have plastic fins

Comment

colgate wagon

still regret selling this andy but its gone to the rite man hope all goes well with it

Comment

Well only a small update as I barely have had any time to work on it.
              Engine out and I removed the sump to inspect oil pickup etc and all seemed well no blockages etc.i removed the oil breather pipes to clean and oh my god were they choked up ! All now cleaned out and refitted so am hoping I am done with any smoking issues.
              Waiting on a clutch to arrive from Ireland then it's ready to be put back in the car, how some people keep their cars off the road for months at a time I do not know,mines been off just over a week and I'm missing it already !

Comment

is the rear seal just a lip seal or is there a steel collar to be ressed to the crank as part of it ? mine is pretty much the same mess as your when i split the box and engine. can it be fitted without a seal press
                1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

The rear main seal ?

I just tapped a screwdriver in and got the old one out then removed the housing flipped it over and delicately tapped the new one in from the rear,hardest part was refitting the flywheel as it wasn't just a case of bolt it back on as some of the holes were offset so the flywheel itself had to go back on in exactly the position it came off

Comment

Originally posted by quattro turbo 550bhp View Post
                    still regret selling this andy but its gone to the rite man hope all goes well with it

But what did you do with it in all the time that you owned it?

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
                      bumped the price up when he came to sell it.

Comment

Hey Andy jsut been catching up. Looks like you're making good progress!
                        Are you getting the engine bay sprayed while its stripped?
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

s2

Originally posted by dest View Post
                          not alot to be honest apart from having new fuel lines & front & rear discs n pads front ellopsoids had water leak from turbo so stood around for a while until sorted then had starting up probs so sat around again for a while until old alarm system was rippd out of it & sorted the prob

Comment

s2

Originally posted by targus View Post
                            bumped the price up when he came to sell it.
                            thats rite after owning it for appx 2.5yrs

Comment

I cant believe how slow things take on these 'projects',it takes most of the day to rip an s2 engine out minus a ramp etc and yet it seems to take days just to clean all the parts before reassembly

So today I finished off all the pipework for water and breather system,replaced the thermostat housing elbow etc.Finally fitted the RS injectors along with new mfts and temp sensor
                              Whilst I was there I put on a cleaner inlet manifold and scrubbed it in Ardox cleaner.Took the exhaust manifold off to fit my RS item,this pretty much took me all day as I thought I would take my time and clean everything.It was so caked in oil from previous leaking rocker gaskets,seals etc
                              Roll on when I can find time to fit the new turbo,and also the 3b clutch thats had issues with the couriers
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by andyg plym; 5 November 2012, 20:09.

Comment

Have you fit the flywheel bolts with thread lock on them?
                                Will piss oil through the thread iff you don't.
                                Goodluck!
                                Great work btw!!

Comment

Working...
                                X