Andyg's Colgate Wagon Project thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by polishing_frenchman View Post
    I like the red Andy but really would like to see a 90 panel on there just to see how all red goes with the toothpaste beast! Saying that I loved the black lights as your avant is very euro especially with the rims Get the tints out now you won't regret it mate so glad I got rid of mine,and I know what you mean about dirty alloys,gives a more aggressive look
    personally I am not a fan of the 90 panel, each to their own and all I just think its been done to death! Besides I have done the "Andyg mod" on all my avants is my signature

Comment

Did you use avant inner lights or 80 B3 ones? Using the last one and spraying the reverse lights red will look best as it's more white than grey to start with. IMHO that is, and because you don't like the 90 panel idea

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
        Did you use avant inner lights or 80 B3 ones? Using the last one and spraying the reverse lights red will look best as it's more white than grey to start with. IMHO that is, and because you don't like the 90 panel idea
        just used stock s2 (b4) rear lights

Comment

Try it with B3 lights if you got some.
          If I'd own a RS2 that's what I would do and get US B3 corner lights, think that would look great

Comment

Looks great Andy, get rid of the tints now too
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Was wondering how long it was going to take to get those lights on the car. Looks good bud.

Comment

I prefer the colour, but would still like to see it with a 90 center panel on there.

I dont think i've ever seen an avant with the lower black trim painted, looks really good, so good i want mine done now
                91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                  I dont think i've ever seen an avant with the lower black trim painted, looks really good, so good i want mine done now
                  http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17278

Comment

just an update, didnt realise it had been so long! I started a new job so time has been in limited supply recently what with that and the kids!

So eventually managed to getting to the bottom of some running issues, firstly the low boost....cant believe it but it was something so stupidly simple,school boy error as they say.Having owned 10 s2's now you would of thought I would spot straight away the wgfv being put in the wrong way....the wgfv connector was facing inwards towards the engine rather than outwards towards the wing.

Have no idea why I think I had this one fitted to a hose I'd swapped from one of the ones I broke and just assumed as it had been running ok this was how it was supposed to be,it pulled ok all the way to 1.5 bar etc

So after putting up a thread on here PRJ did his usual "well you must of done it wrong" quotes and I can say on this occasion he was right. So at approximately 11:30 at night once the mrs had gone to bed I was out under the bonnet swapping it round,went for a blast and fook me instantly hitting 2 bar! Hell yeah!

Other issues I have had have been the tinted windows, completely my own personal taste but on this colour of car they were not for me,I removed my black siema treser stylee lights in an attempt to try and take the too much black/green off the car but still I couldn't stand them!

So after borrowing a mates wall paper steamer I set about removing the tints before the kids woke up at 730am on a Sunday morning...

Even though I had steamed them for ages there was still some residue left on the windows,now working within a hire car company a collegue gave me a handy tip-off, a chemical called Tardis, feckin amazing stuff....litterly wipes off the excess glue in your hand with minimal effort!

Here is how the car looks at the minute,I will now be putting the black rear clusters back on and having got the amber indicator urge over with the clear front indicators too.Cant believe I am admitting this but I will be looking specifically for an afternarket set,I find the OEM ones too white where as the aftermarket ones have quite a bit of an orange bulb showing through....again personal taste!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by andyg plym; 11 June 2013, 23:24.

Comment

• Looking good bud. I wonder how different it will look with the black rear lights but no window tints... Glad you eventually got the boost issue sorted. Next time im down your way, you will have to take me out in it. Bet it gives me the urge to get on and do my one!

Comment

• looks really good now! , are your wheels 18" ?
                        NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

• Looks loads better now IMHO Andy
                          I've got some mild tints on my opening rear windows on my coupe that need getting rid of, but its one of those jobs I never seem to get round to, but I might give it a try with a steamer
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Yeah 18 inch rims and standard suspension at the moment which I quite like.

Also replaced the gearbox as the old one was whining slightly it took me 9 hours !!

Comment

• glad your able to enjoy it now, you all better as well?

Comment

• Yeah mate chicken pox at our age is really terrible

Cheers !

Comment

Working...
                                X