Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    have you bled the clutch out mate?
    haven't touched it,just removed the engine from the car fitted a new clutch etc then refitted engine to car

Comment

Had wondered when this motor would be getting its own thread! Nice to have something thats unlike any other, would love to see this thing in the flesh one day. In the mean time ill likely just keep buying bits off your breakers to keep your project funded! keep it up andy

Comment

Good work Andy. When I come down with a van I want a ride into Jakes in this... lol! I promise not to get tikka mix all over the interior either

Comment

3B clutch is much lighter than the ABY one, I remeber it taking a while to adjust to mine when it was done. In terms of strength, my 3B stock item is running 360bhp with little sign of slipping, even on rack days and the odd launch. Obviously, it helps to be a little gentle with it.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
            Good work Andy. When I come down with a van I want a ride into Jakes in this... lol! I promise not to get tikka mix all over the interior either
            mmmm I love Jakes, but it has to be cajun chicken melts for me! Cajun sauce with the chips is awesome!!
            '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Mmm chicken tikka melt with chips mmmm. I'm dribbling at the thought of it

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                3B clutch is much lighter than the ABY one, I remeber it taking a while to adjust to mine when it was done. In terms of strength, my 3B stock item is running 360bhp with little sign of slipping, even on rack days and the odd launch. Obviously, it helps to be a little gentle with it.
                Well mine has had a 3b clutch for years it's just it was slipping and getting heavy I have replaced it with an almost new one haven't touched the slave etc but saying that the bomb was replaced and today I noticed they do have a line connecting each other.
                The pedal feels like it isn't connected,it pushes down and returns etc but just can't feel any resistance. I am glad you are running 360 on a stock clutch I will be running slightly more but I will be taking it easy and it's only a weekend car

Comment

Clutch only takes fluid from the brake fluid reservoir, it has nothing to do with the bomb. Are you sure you fitted an S2 clutch and not just a CQ one?

What turbo are you running then?

I see you've gone for 5w30 oil, what was the thinking behind this? It's seems a little too light to me.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                    Clutch only takes fluid from the brake fluid reservoir, it has nothing to do with the bomb. Are you sure you fitted an S2 clutch and not just a CQ one?

What turbo are you running then?

I see you've gone for 5w30 oil, what was the thinking behind this? It's seems a little too light to me.
                    no i was mistaken,it is mobil 5w 40

clutch was a LUK one identical to the one that came out,hoping to fire up the car tomorrow so we will soon see what happens.I hope its just me being paranoid,maybe its just really light.....
                    the engine went on fairly square to the gearbox,i lined it up and got a couple of bellhousing bolts either side in and did them up evenly.Theres no way the gearbox shaft could of completely missed the centre hole of the clutch....?

I have bought this:http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ight=rs2+turbo

got some V stream chips and a v map to plug in

Comment

Finally......its all back in one piece

had a couple of issues arise,the oil pressure and oil temp aux gauges were not working properly,just had a play with the big multi connectors on the bulkhead and at least got the oil pressure working.
                      The temp gauge maybe down to the dodgy connection on the spade connector on the actual sender.
                      Battery light stays on though,odd.vdo gauge reads just under 14 which tells me all is ok
                      just need to install V stream chips and 3 bar vmap

yes I know....I need to sort the bumper out
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good job, Nice colour

Comment

check the alternator connections

Comment

Have you tested the voltage off the alternator to see if its working correctly?
                            Was the clutch OK in the end Andy?
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post

Have you tested the voltage off the alternator to see if its working correctly?
                              Was the clutch OK in the end Andy?
                              not had a chance to rewire it yet

clutch is spot on!! Just unbelievably light!!

decided to refit the green doorcards as I finally sold the black leather interior to a new forum member

Attached Files

Comment

Well what a nightmare day.....

these cars most certainly give you very good highs and incredible lows!

First off,last night noticed a clunking coming from the bottom of the engine area,it incresed with the revs.On inspection this morning I suspected the noise to be the bottom pulley,bearing in mind I had just replaced the cambelt....
                                look what I found

Anyone spot anything missing?Talk about 9 lives! I removed the front end and noticed that the damper part of the pulley had play in it.The other 3 also must of worked loose.So having matched up a bolt to use I made sure on using thread lock this time round,I wasn't aware that you had to on these bolts?

Anyway,moving on and today was also the dreaded MOT day...I read recently on the forum that its very rare an S2 goes through problem free and mine was no exception.Failed on:

rear wheel bearing
                                number plate bulb
                                tiny split on brake hose flexi
                                Rear braking system uneven
                                O/S sill needs welding....

Thats right....welding...2 small holes on the sill,FFS!!! I have only heard of 1 other S2 needing sills welding (S2_bo's) I wonder if being sat in a yard for 3+ years doing nothing hasn't helped?

On the plus side the tester passed it with no cat on it,he said as it was an import its excluded from needing a cat,even though it passed on emissions anyway.

Bit of a naff shot this next one but you can almost see the pearlescent coming through,I have never had a camera able to show this ever,if you look near the petrol cap you can just about make it out,but in the flesh it completely changes colour

I can't wait for it to be back on the road,hopefully by the weekend,at least I am slowly getting there,the engine just runs so smooth now! Still need to get the oil light issues sorted which I think I will just replace the 'cotton reel' and the sender under it as you can get them quite cheap now.

Next plan is....and I can't believe I am considering this but I **may** un-lower it

I am pig sick of the 5hit roads where I live..
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X