No announcement yet.

Andyg's Colgate Wagon Project thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep agree looks much better now Andy....
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• small update:

at work we have a company who does all our bodyshop repairs and so conveniently i remembered I had this under the bed (without the wife knowing...)

so i am stuck between 2 options: do i get it sprayed the same colour or as close as i can get to it, or do i get it wrapped in carbon look? just to be different
      Attached Files

Comment

• Matched! Such a rare colour, make the most of it...

Comment

• colour matched Andy
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Colour coded....

Comment

• Yeah I'd colour match it. The "carbon" wrapping is kinda tacky

Comment

• So as a lot of forum members did, I too went to ADI and was ashamed of my dirty car

The weather was shocking on the way up so I thought I wouldnt wash it, remembering that from last year there was a hand car wash just a couple of miles down the road from combe.....I eventually get there and........its gone

Luckily I wasn't in the middle of the line up

So after seeing some gorgeous S2's yesterday I thought I would cheer myself up and give her a good scrub today and naturally it rained just as I finished

Nice for a change to be able to see the pearleascent coming through on a picture

So planned mods :

re lower on H+R's as its just as comfy as stock suspension IMO
                fit rear spoiler once painted
                mot prep as due soon
                reconnect footwell lighting
                sort out sloppy gearchange (solid new ends for gear linkages)
                decide if im going to have the rims sprayed bbs gold
                Attached Files

Comment

• Car was looking great at ADI mate, looked good parked up next to the Banana Wagon
                  Please don't spray the LMs gold!
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Yeah, paint was amazing when the sun came out

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Cheers Alex I just feel it needs some more...the issue is the colour if it was a black cat then the rims would look lush being silver but being a lighter colour I find it harder

John, it's a shame I never get decent pics of the flip flop paint. In the sunset or under lights it really does look mental !

Comment

• Well its been a while since I updated my thread, been quite busy tinkering on it whenever I get a chance but as some of you know when you have kids and a dis-approving wife it gets put back and back.......

So the biggest breakthrough is finally getting it running right

I have had the most annoying issue which has taken around 18 months to find and that is a combination of low boost and the ecu resetting itself when under load,imagine boost cut but without the "throw you through the windscreen" action. Get to around 4000rpm and the car gently stutters, the rev gauge drops to 0rpm for a split second then kicks back into life.
                        It turned out to be the TS chips I was running, I never really had reason to believe it was these as I had heard nothing but good stuff about them and I also tried on another forum members car and it flew.
                        Having chatted to a couple of people running these I decided to send them to Steve H (thanks Steve) and in the mean time he sent down some stock RS2 chips. I fitted those and instantly the ecu resetting itself had gone so at this point I thought I was onto something

As some of you know AQTdriver on here is breaking his avant and he had a set of unknown RS2 chips for sale, he kindly agreed to try before I buy, having run them for years himself purchasing them on a trip to Germany... and so I fitted them....Oh my days!!!
                        Pulled like a train all the way to the redline, for the first time in years I felt the adrenalin pumping and seemed to be a bit shakey(When was the last time your S2 did that to you?) feels noticeably quicker than my old RS2'd coupe.
                        So having told myself I wouldn't rag it on these unknown chips I couldn't help myself, I got home and connected the Vagcom as I knew that it would tell you what chips are installed, yep you guessed it....TS chips!!

I had to wonder what the heck was going on, I compared to the old TS chips and noticed a different code in the title which I am sure the boffins will tell me that means nothing but it sure tells me they were from a different source and seemed to suit my car.
                        I have come to the assumption that the internal memory is one of those non existant checksom errors, a lot of people have put up posts on here and as it appears to be running well I will just monitor.

Winner Winner!

Next up after finding tiny boost leaks and sorting the chips was the exhaust. I have made no secret that I have gotten very bored with the 3" system, so I managed to fit a stock backbox on (thanks for the advice Craig) which originally I wouldn't entertain and thank god I did, completely stock sounding when driving around town- I can hear that 5 pot again! Talk about a compromise, so now Its running a 3" from turbo to 1 small centre box then finally to a stock backbox.

Next plan is to get this spoiler sprayed and fitted now that the good weather is on its way
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Nice one Andy, great that you finally got it sorted

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

• From what I hear mate there are lots of "TS" chips out there that are not genuine, maybe you had some dodgy set?
                            Anyhow glad you've got it running well - now time to enjoy it
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I'm already enjoying it Alex even more so now with the nice new gear knob il fitted and forgot to pay you ! Sorry...send me your details or if you need any bits or want cold hard cash at cc in October !

Comment

• haha, you could have got away with that mate I totally forgot
                                I'll PM you dude
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X