Andyg's Colgate Wagon Project thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree

If they are tatty, as mine where I steamed them off with a wallpaper stripper.

Came of really easy and left no adhesive residue behind
    sigpic
    "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
    BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
    1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
    2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

they are very well put on,no creases and done professionally but i think its too much black on the car,and the lights are staying

Comment

Keep them then IMO
        sigpic
        "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
        BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
        1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
        2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Originally posted by rj scotty View Post
          Keep them then IMO
          Yep, agree, I've never considered tints, but seeing yours, with the LM's and the tints at CC did give me some dark thoughts... I think the colour and the tints are a good match... IMHO...
          85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

When I read tints I thought you were refering to the rear lights at first, hadn't even noticed the tinted windows so I'd leave it on I guess.
            About the rear lights a 90 center reflector in black would be good or a red 90 set. It looks a bit cheap now IMHO.

As for the wheels I agree it would look better in a bit darker colour. Car is a bit too low up front in my opinion.

Comment

A8s look good Andy, not as good as the LMs though.
              Personally I don't like aftermarket tints, the factory green chrome tints look better than anything IMHO and would look awesome with your paint
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Factory green tints ? Huh ?

Comment

A8s look good mate, just need to make them a bit darker! Speak to rustynut
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
                    Factory green tints ? Huh ?
                    Its subtle, you only really notice it when there is that real fine rain / drizzle on the windows, or dew in the morning they look really green and reflective

You can kinda see it in this pic of Rynaqui's coupe and this UR

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Ah I see Alex cherrs, thought you were on about the lights.

Interesting,do we all think they now look past it ? I only have them as they are like tresers and look good....as lights but maybe not on this car ?

Hmmm have had thoughts on standard reds but will never fit a 90 panel as they are not for me

Comment

I really think the tinted windows suit the car. I like the smoked lights but I think a smoked 90 panel would look a lot better, I'm not even sure if such a thing is available though.
                        92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
                        98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
                        63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
                        69 Austin Mini Cooper
                        71 MGB GT
                        75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
                        04 Kawasaki GPX250
                        96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                          When I read tints I thought you were refering to the rear lights at first, hadn't even noticed the tinted windows so I'd leave it on I guess.
                          About the rear lights a 90 center reflector in black would be good or a red 90 set. It looks a bit cheap now IMHO.

As for the wheels I agree it would look better in a bit darker colour. Car is a bit too low up front in my opinion.
                          Update: Although I have other priorities(tiny coolant and boost leaks) I really couldn't wait any longer to give the car a fresh look, one of the things that has bugged me lately is there is too much black on the car. Been toying for ages to loose the tints as they are not my cup of tea...but thought first I would see how it would look minus the tinted lights....what do you think peeps?

I used red tint spray on the clusters, the car is pretty dirty after being used as a daily for 2 weeks but I have to say I sort of like the look especially with grubby bbs LM's
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think you are right , red looks a bit better
                            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

looks good - and will look better without tints!

Comment

I like the red Andy but really would like to see a 90 panel on there just to see how all red goes with the toothpaste beast! Saying that I loved the black lights as your avant is very euro especially with the rims Get the tints out now you won't regret it mate so glad I got rid of mine,and I know what you mean about dirty alloys,gives a more aggressive look

Comment

Working...
                                X