No announcement yet.

Andyg's Colgate Wagon Project thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky escape on the crank sprocket bolts!
    Was the crank bolt lose too? If so you need to replace the sprocket asap as the woodruff key will most likely be stressed if not cracked.

Annoying about the MOT, good luck getting it sorted!
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

No crank bolt still tight and it was thread locked at the time too just didn't think you had to do same with sprocket bolts

Comment

Close call there

Lucky here, most VRT/MOT testers are very lenient. Our company uses one specific vendor, gets the cars through a vrt in 5 minutes or so

But then the roads here are quite horrible, I have to be careful where I pass from with the S2
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Sorry to hear that bud but nothing you can't sort. Good spot and good luck!

Comment

Lucky escape wth the crank sprocket mate, you only get one of those!

If i makes you feel any better, I failed my MOT yesterday - German Plates got picked up for the first time in 4 years
            I Sellotaped a set of standard paltes over and took it back 10 minutes later
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              If i makes you feel any better, I failed my MOT yesterday - German Plates got picked up for the first time in 4 years
              I Sellotaped a set of standard paltes over and took it back 10 minutes later
              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

So today I fitted a set of really good condition A8 sport alloys.The bbs LM reps are not easy to keep clean and I thought best to remove for the remainder of the winter.The A8's have very good tyres..
                What do we think?

The Le Mans will go back on in the spring and I am still toying with the idea of gold centres on them.....hmmmm

one thing is for certain....I have decided that at some point the tints have to go...I much prefered it when I owned it before when it had the Foliatec silver tints that were more subtle....(yes thats right even with the lurid paint job it can still look subtle)
                Attached Files

Comment

Looking good on them, reminds me of lee's avant.

Take the tints off yourself, start at one corner and just peel them off, thats what i've done in the past.

Comment

They look good, needs some spacers on the front though

Comment

no issues removing tints btdt!

the wheels are on 15mm front and 10mm rear spacers from bambridge

Comment

Looking good bud but think they would look better in a dark colour. Have done mine in graphite. Will take some pics for you when I fit them eventually...

Comment

Ha i knew this picture was coming
                          NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Wheels look great mate

Comment

thanks guys,i would defo say though that the a8 sports would be better suited to a dark coloured car.

Right then : Tints....what are we all saying? stay or go?

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post

Right then : Tints....what are we all saying? stay or go?
                                I think they're okay, to be honest... Most cars struggle, but that colour and the classic S2 Avant shape work with the suble tint.... IMHO, leave it, as long as its not tatty close up....
                                85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X