Jsws3 UR Quattro money pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clive A View Post
    Come on John, you've got to fire it up and post the recording for us before Christmas! It's a real tribute to your commitment chum. Nearly there!
    We can't start it until January as we are waiting for the intercooler and we need to do some more plumbing and mount the oil cooler ect ect .

Comment

• Looks good. hows the clearance at the front subframe with the 3.5" donwpipe?
      Did you retain the CV heatshield?
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        Looks good. hows the clearance at the front subframe with the 3.5" donwpipe?
        Did you retain the CV heatshield?
        3/4 of the way down the down pipe he reduced to 3" to retain the heatsheld and there is plenty of room around the front sub frame mate .

Comment

• Panthero CoupĂ© quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Wow, it's getting close now, makes me realise how far I have to go with mine..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
              Wow, it's getting close now, makes me realise how far I have to go with mine..
              Come on pull your finger out these cars are ment to be enjoyed and not left for Mother Nature to destroy lol .

Comment

• great pictures mate
                what intercooler or you going to use or will you follow my example of my b2 coupe?
                how much power do you want to have with your setup?
                I just bought a gt3076r and my final goal is 500 HP
                audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Just remember John I'm holding your bobble hat ransom until you invite me over for a demo - at which point I will release my hostage ;-)

Comment

• [QUOTE=quattro-nick;761770]great pictures mate
                    what intercooler or you going to use or will you follow my example of my b2 coupe?
                    how much power do you want to have with your setup?
                    I just bought a gt3076r and my final goal is 500 HP[

Regarding the intercooler i am waiting for a reply from wagner for a bespoke intercooler and a local company to come back with a price useing a garrett core so it's between them 2 depending on price .

Power wise I'm talking to jonus-racing and he suggest useing his cams and the will easy do 650hp .

Comment

• Originally posted by Clive A View Post
                      Just remember John I'm holding your bobble hat ransom until you invite me over for a demo - at which point I will release my hostage ;-)
                      Hay Clive I miss my hat lol

Sure when it's done you can come on a joy ride with me as I want to put some miles on the engine ASAP so we could visit Danny & Brian .

Comment

• The car has been back a week from ptr having the exhaust done and ish and the lads have been doing the final stage of the prep before painting at the end of January .

Comment

• Comment

• Hi, what's the latest on this lovely car? Missing mine a little if I'm honest, but not missing the bills and constant upgrading....
                            Angus

(1984 ur quattro)

Comment

• Originally posted by URquattroGus View Post
                              Hi, what's the latest on this lovely car? Missing mine a little if I'm honest, but not missing the bills and constant upgrading....
                              Mate I bet your missing your car I can't believe you sold it after all that hard work you put in .

However update wise I have been talking to jonus-racing and have bought a set of his custom spec cams for early boost and a billet adjustable timing wheel .

And a maxxecu http://www.maxxtuning.se/maxxecu/ and arranged for him to fly over from Norway for 2 days to map my car when it's ready .

So the small list of things to do is .

Fit the intercooler and make boost pipes using clamshell clamps to eliminate boost leeks good for 125psi or 8 bar of boost .

It the oil cooler and make the braided lines up .

Fit the turbo oil and water lines .

Fit the radiator.

Remover the intercooler and fit the new cams and then plug the ecu in refit the intercooler then fire her up .

Then Ish will paint the car and build her back up so I can run the engine in .

Something like that anyhow .

Comment

• Good reading. Top commitment Top thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X