No announcement yet.

Audi quattro S1 E2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good! You are a good fabricator!

Comment

• Not sure what you mean by cold welding? It's all been mig welded.

No talking to the car either, she has no heart yet!

Comment

• Fantastic..... Hamish what gas are you using with your MIG?

Thanks

Darren

Comment

• Just basic argoshield, carbon and argon mix.

Comment

• Hamish, any updates........Mark

Ps my swb is on the road........ At last...

Comment

• Hi Mark, great to hear your car is finally on the road.

Bought a new house last month with a double garage and workshop so the car will be moving. Unfortunately I broke my shoulder 3 weeks ago so I am out of action for a while. Hope to be back on it through the winter.

Comment

• Hamish,
                Sorry to hear about the shoulder, good luck for a speedy recovery, and congratulations on the new house and workshop"................ Mark

Comment

• Fantastic builds you do! Inspiration for my build which will be a pretty close look to your first one. Have a speedy recovery and cant wait to see more!

Comment

• is it easy to find this please ?
                    thanks
                    tof
                    sigpic

Comment

• It came from Andy Krinks. He has a site on Facebook Quattro Design.

Comment

• Thanks
                        i have found his facebook and saw several parts for sale but not thi sone, however i dont need right now, i just keep all adresses for parts i'll need on future ;-)
                        tof
                        sigpic

Comment

• Well as said I unfortunately was taken off my bike on the velodrome back in September and broke my shoulder right through the cup. This nicely timed with moving into a new house the week before so progress has been slow. I did however manage to get the car moved last months from my parents house so I am back onto it now.

Car being prized out of its garage! It fought us all the way as its up higher on the jig it wouldn't come out without both ends of the floor being dropped!

That meant I could start on the body panels. First were the rear aches which I bought to replace the old ones as I wanted rid of the B pillar totally. To go with the outer arches I also chopped up the inner kevlar arch tubs to fit.

Bonnet was next, this needed clearance for the top mounts and cage tubes.

Finally it was the rest of the panels for a trial fit up:

Finally I managed to pick up some AP racing rear calipers from a WRC mini. To go with them 330 x 32mm AP racing J hook discs

So that bring the project up to date. More work to be done properly finalising all of the panels, its great to be back working on it in a much better environment. So good having the jig on wheels able to spin it around!
                          Last edited by G60Rallye; 6 January 2017, 18:30.

Comment

• Love it - great work as ever Hamish. Sorry to hear about the shoulder!

Comment

• Cracking work, you've been pretty busy!
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Where did you get the wing mirrors from?

Comment

Working...
                                X