No announcement yet.

Sport Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think LHD are still available from VAG but also widely available on eBay (mostly from Latvia it seems). Not sure of part numbers though.

Comment

Hi. If you need something from Latvia, than i think ,i can help.

P.s Look`s gona be nice projekt. good luck!

Comment

Good to hear you are starting to gather the parts up, the first of many! Shame to hear that the Recaro's got damaged in transit.

That's a stroke of luck having another chap close by, there will be loads underway soon! It will be interesting to see how you go about tackling the jig. If you just using it for the shortening process then it can be nice and simple.

Comment

Yep - the main purpose is for the shortening Hamish. We were thinking a slightly less robust version of yours maybe but any thoughts on design would be welcomed. Out of interest, why did you drill so many holes in yours?

All the best.

Comment

I wanted to be able to bolt anything to mine in any position should I want to. You could still add sill clamps to mine etc.

You could make a very simple one with 2 I beams just long enough to be under the subframe points. Then a set of holes 320mm forwards for the shortened position. If your just using it for shortening then having individual posts isn't needed you might as well make a box all welded together which picks up all 4 points at each subframe.

Comment

Thanks Hamish. And Happy Christmas everyone. ;-)

Comment

Clive. Are you the same chap that simon andrews was talking about?
                He was going on about a chap who he knows from hill climbing building a swb etc...

Comment

"Unbelievably, it turns out there is another chap less than 10 miles from me who is also about to start his SQ build - albeit his will be a racer. He has an in house fab shop so I am splitting the cost of a shell shortening jig with him. Should hopefully come in useful in future if we ever build more of them."

That'll be me then. That Jeffers & Hamish have a lot to answer for!

Seasons greetings everyone!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
                    Clive. Are you the same chap that simon andrews was talking about?
                    He was going on about a chap who he knows from hill climbing building a swb etc...
                    Yep, that's me. Simon is a hill climbing mate - we race single seaters in the same class - this is me at Prescott in the Summer. How do know Simon? He is actually one of the people I've got lined up to do some of the work on finishing the car.

Cheers.

C
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Clive A; 28 December 2013, 08:49.

Comment

:0)

Comment

Quick update:

S2 fully stripped
                        80 2 door partially stripped
                        CQ bought but awaiting stripping
                        Possibility of sharing a jig
                        Various lights sourced
                        Instruments sourced
                        Seats sourced (but one damaged so awaiting replacement)

...and now the exciting bit...

Just ordered a full house 07k crate engine from Hank Iroz

Not much to show by way of pictures yet but will update when we have something. The slicing, splicing and dipping starts in Feb...

Comment

I can't wait to you get your engine Clive I can't wait to come see it ?

Comment

Looking forward to see 07k in action

Danny
                            DNA Autocare Ltd
                            Danny
                            www.dnaautocare.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jsws3 View Post
                              I can't wait to you get your engine Clive I can't wait to come see it ?
                              Of course John - seem to remember it was you and Brian who sold the idea to me in the first place on our road trip!

C

Comment

Originally posted by Clive A View Post
                                Of course John - seem to remember it was you and Brian who sold the idea to me in the first place on our road trip!

C
                                That was called z brain washing lol .

Comment

Working...
                                X