No announcement yet.

Sport Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see the project is underway. Glad your donor cars are very clean and rust free that helps massively having a clean base!

Comment

The 80 was amazingly rust free Hamish. Just as bit in the doors. The CQ had a harder life and needs a bit of work to the boot floor but doesn't look too bad. We'll have a better idea once they're back from dipping to strip them back to bare metal. Hopefully send them off this week. Will post pics when they come back before we prime them.

Comment

KW suspension ordered from DNA Autocare and found a source of real glass side windows :-).

S2 subframes (eventually!) dismantled for stripping and galv coating:

Meanwhile Mr Tonks has been busy:

CQ back end and tunnel. Looks a bit like the front end of the current F1 designs!

Needs a bit of imagination as to what the end product will looks like!
        CQ bonnet is for sale BTW.

Off for dipping today I hope
        Last edited by Clive A; 13 February 2014, 08:26.

Comment

Love it
          When is the holly matrimony ?
          (Becoming one)
          If invited I will bring biscuits to the party

Danny
          DNA Autocare Ltd
          Danny
          www.dnaautocare.co.uk

Comment

Splicing begins at the start of March. In the meantime, Hank has nearly finished the manifold and has also allowed me to show a pic of what the finished article will look like

Last edited by Clive A; 22 February 2014, 19:39.

Comment

That looks awesome,

Can I ask if you are doing the build yourself, or simply paying someone else to do it?

Just wondering if I am the only fool who has to pay others at great expense to do stuff for me...
              Audi S6

Comment

I'm doing some some of the donkey work, electronics and assembly. Brian Tonks is building the shell plus engine install and general advice, Worcester Classics the interior and Hank Iroz the engine. We're toying with the idea of building more once we see how this one develops. How far have you got with yours?

C
                Last edited by Clive A; 22 February 2014, 22:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Clive A View Post
                  I'm doing some some of the donkey work and electronics, Brian Tonks is doing the splice and panels plus engine install and general advice, Worcester Classics the interior and Hank Iroz the engine. Would love to do more myself but lack of time and skill are the limiting factors.

C
                  Thanks, I am in a similar position albeit with not such a grand project...

Mind you, you are likely to able to recover a lot of the money if you ever need to (if you finish it and need to sell it that is).
                  Audi S6

Comment

Originally posted by DNA-S2 View Post
                    Love it
                    When is the holly matrimony ?
                    (Becoming one)
                    If invited I will bring biscuits to the party

Danny
                    DNA Autocare Ltd
                    I'll make the tea Danny and haven't forgotten IOU for the chips as well as KWs.

Comment

I like the idea of a plug and play engine package all dyno'd.

Would be really good to see the dyno figures on a uk dyno for direct back to back comparison with the included US dyno sheet as it will put a long time debate to rest

look forward to seeing it all come together
                      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Bit of an update. The KW suspension kit has arrived thanks to Danny at DNA. Both shell sections now stripped. "Hamish style" jig built and the whole lot now with Mr Tonks. Sub frames stripped at with Brian for galvanising. Currently stripping the suspension legs and hubs to get everything shot blasted and power coated. Absolute b**d of a job - every sodding bolt is stuck - had to buy a 3/4" 600mm breaker bar and even had to put my jack handle over that on some of them! Just about got one hub stripped apart from pushing the baring out and getting the ABS sensor out. Any tips on these two? Some pics below. No idea if they need to be resized or even how to so apologies if they come out too big.

Cheers

Clive

Comment

Wheel bearings will need to be pressed out, 10ton minimum, and if the ABS sensors don't come out by hand, chances are they're not coming out in one piece!

Get some new copper mounting sleeves from Audi and plenty of grease when you put them back in
                          sigpic
                          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Clive if you pop and see simon at worcester classics you can use my press if needed. Steven

Comment

Thanks Steve,

Simon's helping with the build so i will head over - many thanks. Assume it will also work for wishbone bushes?

C

Comment

Its a bit heavy duty for wishbone bushes. I just use blow torch. I assume you will be replacing with poly.?
                                Ill be going in with simon come july. I look forward to seeing this....

Comment

Working...
                                X