X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clive A View Post
    Just ordered a full house 07k crate engine from Hank Iroz
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Looks like it is going to be a good build, keep us updated, sounds very good and interesting!

Audi S6

Comment

Originally posted by Clive A View Post
        Quick update:

S2 fully stripped
        80 2 door partially stripped
        CQ bought but awaiting stripping
        Possibility of sharing a jig
        Various lights sourced
        Instruments sourced
        Seats sourced (but one damaged so awaiting replacement)

...and now the exciting bit...

Just ordered a full house 07k crate engine from Hank Iroz

Not much to show by way of pictures yet but will update when we have something. The slicing, splicing and dipping starts in Feb...
        Bloody hell Clive this isn't going to be a budget build!

Comment

Hopefully not too bonkers Hamish but we thought it would be really interesting / fun to try to build a full spec road car to see how it all turned out. This one is mine but it'll give us an idea of the art (aka cost!) of the possible and whether it is makes sense to build any more. Just wish I had the time and skills to do more of it myself but I guess working with Brian and Hank is the next best thing.

On a different subject though, how is your latest beast coming along?

Cheers.

Clive

Comment

I don't think its ever going to be cost effective to make them to sell on if you are paying for the labour as the costs would be huge that way?

Its coming along slowly dropped the cage tubing off to get bent yesterday. Once that's done it will be moving along quickly.

Comment

I plan to do some of it myself Hamish but, having dropped a strut on my head this afternoon (no, I'm not kidding!) perhaps I should stick to the day job Lucky I had a hat on or I'd be in A&E now rather than typing this with a head ache and an egg shaped bump on head. Hey ho.

Comment

Bit more by way of an update on the Sport Quattro build project.

All the donor cars are now stripped. Good few days toil but no nasty surprises. The German LHD 80 was in fantastic condition with almost no rust. The 80 has now been chopped in half ready for dipping later this week. The CQ would have been chopped but the plasma cutter packed up. Hopefully that will also be going for dipping this week along with the suspension subframes (if I can get them stripped down in time). The subframes are being galvanised so we need to get them squeaky clean.

Placed a deposit on the engine which is being built and dyno'd in the US. I'll see if Hank can let me have a pic that I can show - I have some but they are ear marked for a mag in the US apparently.

Other than that, I've been sourcing various bits - mostly daft things like lights and reflector strips which are no longer available from Audi and are daft prices when you find them. Hey ho.

Key question for now is to paint it red or white - answers on a post card please...

S2 drivetrain donor:

S2 front subframe and suspension covered in grot:

LHD 80 front section donor:

Coupe Quattro donor:

80 stripped for dipping:

CQ ready for the chop:

Comment

For me i would have to go red Clive...

Comment

that's funny,2 tankdoors on the coupe quattro ????
                    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                    AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                      that's funny,2 tankdoors on the coupe quattro ????
                      Probably dual-fuel....

Comment

It had an LPG tank as well at petrol. For sale if anyone is after one. Currently at Brian's place.

Comment

Clive A@ why you make som nice and funny 4x4 with the old audi 100 cpe cars in the pictures.. the do be some rare nowadays...??!

Comment

Each to their own Caterpillar. I view it as recycling something that is beyond economic repair with the unused bits going to keep others' cars on the road.

C

Comment

Caterpillar, the 100 coupe S cars are mine

One is to be restored to original the other will be 20vt quattro
                              Audi Nut!!!

Comment

i will like to see. an huge stroker...++++ nice cars ... keep on the progress...!!

Comment

Working...
                                X