Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to updates.
    www.quattro.ca
    B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
    B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Latest update: Front shell mounted on our new jig - Brian Tonks - you are the man! The design mounts via the subframe so we can mount all of the drive train and suspension whilst the car is still on the jig and then drop it back on its wheels as a roller. We will be renting out the jig once we are done so drop either of us a line if you are interested.

Comment

Looks amazing.

I'm really looking forward to this build.

Cheers,

Craig.

http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=159

Comment

Question: You are using the 80-2 door front till B pillar and the Coupe rear? Not like jeffer Coupe shortened and A->Pillar with windscreen and roof from the 80 2door.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Looking superb! Nice idea using the subframe as it will keep the posts nice and square.

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
              Question: You are using the 80-2 door front till B pillar and the Coupe rear? Not like jeffer Coupe shortened and A->Pillar with windscreen and roof from the 80 2door.
              Yep, we are using the 80 2 door up to and including the B pillar. The CQ B pillars were left in place for the "rough cut" just to give the shell section some rigidity whilst it was being dipped to strip the paint. Now it's back with Brian we have trimmed it and cut the B pillars off. They are for sale on the Classic Audi site as pre-stripped repair panels if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
                Looking superb! Nice idea using the subframe as it will keep the posts nice and square.
                Thanks Hamish - all Brian's idea. I get to do the glamorous stuff like stripping the suspension!

Comment

Quick update - Brian has been hard at work. There was a bit of rot in the rear subframe mount which needed to be repaired but other than that the metalwork is in great condition. The jig was finished off and the detailed trimming has begun (and pretty nearly finished!). I'm over there today with the stripped suspension to attack some stubborn bearings and take the S2 battery box over. We were thinking of media blasting the suspension but since we still have to dip the doors we might just dip the lot.

Rusty mount

Repaired...

Roof off...

Offered together roughly...

Nearly there...

Voila - a Shorty!

Comment

Great work, waiting for further progress.

Comment

That is cool, finding the people to do the job properly and some time this decade must be half the battle..
                      Audi S6

Comment

I saw this build last night. Lots of work going on!

It's starting to get that "sport quattro" look about it! Specially now the bodies are nearly joined together!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Perhaps my bad in reading the tread, didn't find info whether the bodyshell has been treated by some paint wash-off or what?

Comment

Yes - shells were dipped to remove paint etc.

Been over to Brian's today for a bit more of a fix. Not the most interesting shot but this is the first weld of the splice - and done by me! Mind you, I blew through the steel on my second one so I gave the torch straight back to Brian!

Also opened up my new goody box from KW (thanks Danny):

Other than that, I stripped the drive shafts and covered myself in CV grease whilst Brian got on with the bodywork. Ordered up some new ABS sensors too. Wont be needed for a while but may as well start collecting the difficult to find bits. Having finally decided to keep it LHD, I also now need to source an LHD S2 rack if anyone has one.

C

Comment

Did you get those bearings out clive?

Comment

Brian has taken up the battle of the bearings Steve! Thanks for your help the other day though.

Comment

Working...
                                X