UrS4 2.2T Sedan project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!
    Did the first test with the car yesterday. Car drove wery well and feels nice. Unfortunately my turbo is still leaking (on the same place as before the repair). I got info from some guys and they told me that maybe i need a oil feed restrictor. I ordered a 2mm restrictor to try out if it will solve my leak.. Do any body else here needed to fit an oil restrictor to a journal bearing turbo? A little bit mad at my turbo at the moment.

07cd65446de39783.jpg

Comment

• what diameter is oil return hose from turbo >?

Comment

• Originally posted by sailaz View Post
        what diameter is oil return hose from turbo >?
        I run with a AN 10. Worked good for 2 tears.

Comment

• The car is not dead (not me either) been to much work and to little playtime... I installed a 3mm restrictor on the oil feed line to the turbo but it still leaks just a little.. I will try to live with that until i buy a new turbo some time. Made a little video of my testdrive yesterday with my new Gopro Hero 6. Further on i will try to get the car ready for MOT and hopfully they will let it through this time to. But we will find out soon

Comment

• Just registered an account to post this - great job on your project!! I just went trough all 20 pages of this thread and it is pure joy to read. Keep up the good work

Comment

• Originally posted by karlz View Post
              Just registered an account to post this - great job on your project!! I just went trough all 20 pages of this thread and it is pure joy to read. Keep up the good work
              Thanks man! Always nice to hear that other people find it interesting. Maybe it's inspiring to

Comment

• The car has been on holiday.. My turbo problem still hanging on and I don't want to risk the car to catch fire. Easy solution, buy a new precision 5858 turbo which I will do after my holiday to USA. Sorry for the lack of progress. But as soon as I order the new turbo i will let you guys know. Just need to work in the money after that the car will get MOT as soon as possible.

Comment

• Don't know how i missed this project. Great skills and what a car, the color is beautiful. Enjoy it and keep the updates coming its a great read.
                  1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• I think, that 3mm is still too much..I have journal bearing turbo too, but i have around 1-1,5mm (AN4 feed) inlet and AN10 outlet
                    Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• One of my favorite builds of all time! I always come back to go through your build. I hope that someday mine will come out this nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by bel976 View Post
                        One of my favorite builds of all time! I always come back to go through your build. I hope that someday mine will come out this nice!
                        Thanks you for the kind words. It sure will, just put a lot of time and effort in to it and it will happen
                        I hope I can afford to buy a new turbo so I can run it this summer. My other project (RS2) take most of my time and money right now. But the Urs4 is sleeping well in the garage.. I have to start it up some day soon.

Comment

• Finally, i have put an order on a new turbo for the Urs4 =) Will be the same turbo. Precision 58/58 journal bearing. Hopfully it will arrive before easter. This summer it will run many fast miles for sure!
                          45764-0cc830a4ac6e451885c85b10bb36421a.jpg

Comment

• Got a message today that i had a package to pickup! I think it was a good one Hopfully i will have time to change turbo this weekend. Same turbo spec. 58/58 journal bearing. Ar .63 ex side.
                            My master mechanic looks a little suspicious, is this good stuff? ...
                            45764-b3d6ced017699eddf451c9a567037743.jpg
                            Always so good looking when stuff is new:
                            45764-c3d21953e7afb17d82fcd263527502da.jpg

Comment

• Today it was time to mount the new turbo. All went well i think Also mounted a connection on the collector to measure backpressure. Will be interesting. Next step is to make the car ready for MOT. Hopfully it will be all godd but you never know in this country...

Old VS New turbo:
                              45764-212b9b5a1870076cbae5fec91e9f04d0.jpg
                              Parts for the backpressure measurment:
                              45764-74e4a7585f20f124d417bf0bed7e4347.jpg

Connection mounted in the collector, putted a plug in, will fit a pipe when its time to mesure:
                              45764-87ed97418dfca9fd594f41f38cb27824.jpg
                              New turbo fitted and fired up, also did a oil change and filter, now i use Motul 300V Competition 15W/50 full syntetic.
                              No leaks so far. Will make test run soon:
                              45764-9870e8acb0bfc4954aaa5a2d5ff9e0fc.jpg45764-2b5608674192569b58f75e0514fc91a5.jpg

Comment

• This is looking sweet

Comment

Working...
                                X