Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update .

Cooling fan is remedied .

Car moved under its own power today . For the first time in years . Drove t out to rinse it off before I put it back on the lift to finish putting the body together .

Lots of dust and few years of accumulation on it. Was worried about metal/grinding dust and bumping against the paint .

Comment

Congratulations sir, your a fortunate and patient fellow. This many years on, it's still striking how well this version of the original base car was drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue
        Congratulations sir, your a fortunate and patient fellow. This many years on, it's still striking how well this version of the original base car was drawn.
        Yeah they did a great job with it ... timeless!
        I still need to change out the bumpers which will really Help the look.

another one with good design is the 90/coupe/s2.
        When I had a lago blue 1990 coupe with the Rs2 headlights/grill/front end people would ask what model it was because they’d never seen it . I’d ask what year they thought it was and most people guess about 2000.
        The design was ahead of its time

Comment

I’ve got a spare pair of skirts and bumpers here

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

You must be very happy with it fella. It looks great. Well done for getting this far with it. Sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but your almost there . Good luck kind regards Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by LSG
              You must be very happy with it fella. It looks great. Well done for getting this far with it. Sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but your almost there . Good luck kind regards Lynn
              Almost there yes!! Just little stuff to go .

Comment

It’s been a while since I’ve updated but I’m still chipping away at things .
                I’ve only driven the car within a few miles of my shop in circles due to it needing an alignment but have been working on getting everything set in place where it should be .
                Put the interior together
                Traced down the issue and fixed my power windows
                Put most of the front end on .
                Need a few small things left in the engine bay and some more testing and break in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not long until you can get alignment done. Good progress though
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I did manage to get the alignment done. Have everything good now at this time.
                    Had a couple issues to sort out but right now nothing is leaking except a slight seep from the valve cover. Ill address that when its time to retorque head studs
                    Running on spring pressure, the weakest TIAL MVR spring I could find for the wastegate, > 5PSI,
                    and just been driving the car then I will have to slowly up the pressure and try and remember how the vems boost control works so I can get it all working properly.

Comment

• New tires - as wide as I can fit without rubbing

Some pics from Battleborn Quattro in Vegas

Hopefully last thing I need to troubleshoot for a while , VEMS is giving me a trigger issue, “too many PR trigger”
                      I’m going to change spark plugs again but no change noticed the first time
                      Changed crank sensor
                      No solution yet . The trigger error is throughout the rpm range , driving or not .

One thing that’s been suggested I might have to do , is to weld a larger bead on the the flywheel pin.
                      The flywheel I’m using is this one

Last edited by afterthought; 27 November 2018, 21:09.

Comment

• Nice car!Congrats.

Comment

• nice early quattro

Comment

Working...
                          X