No announcement yet.

S2 Avant -93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really nice work on the pump wiring and setup.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
      Really nice work on the pump wiring and setup.
      Thanks Greg Automotive wiring is weirdly satisfying.

Comment

• Today I had some time to work on the body panels. Both fenders and rear doors got wet sanded and polished. I'm pleased with how they turned out

The front bumper got also painted and will hopefully be fitted tomorrow.

20200721_183450.jpg

20200722_193624 (1).jpg

Comment

• Bumper fitted a couple of days ago with all new foglights, turn signals and grills. Looks a lot different now.

20200723_182544.jpg

My turbo also started to sound like everything was not ok so I decided to look a little closer. Some oil was present on the boost hoses and a clear axial play on the turbo shaft was felt so it had to come off. It was the first time I had to do it but wasn't too bad after all. Bottom coolant and oil return line had to be loosened from underneath. The allen bolts on oil return were old and awfully tight but they came out after a little fight. Turbo is now being serviced, some new seals & bolts are on their way and while at it I was thinking of replacing some of the vacuum and breather hoses.

20200723_232356.jpg

Comment

• Silicone hoses&clamps arrived

20200803_163230.jpg

They didn't have all hoses in black so I had to improvise. Some black cloth tape trying to make a vintage wrap look

20200803_163240.jpg

20200803_163517.jpg

All breather hoses were renewed along with the crank pressure regulation valve

20200804_125934.jpg

Also new FAE after-run temperature switch

20200803_163931.jpg

The vacuum/boost signal hoses were also renewed. All sorts of weird stuff was found while at it

20200805_084822.jpg

Better

20200807_184527.jpg

I also got the turbo back and fitted. The conical filter was tossed and oem airbox was put back. I cannot believe how almost all of the turbo/by-pass valve sounds are gone now that I don't have the cone filter anymore

20200814_203145.jpg

Comment

• Yeah its amazing how much noise comes back out of the cone filters. Coming together nicely, making quick progress as ever
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Thanks Greg, although I really don't know about the quick progress I'm happy that I finally got the bumper fitted. It was pretty much work involved to make everything fit nicely. If I were to do it again I would just purchase a used bumper and go from there.

Comment

• Some goodies from Issam arrived a while back. New damper for future updates and also a new crankcase breather outlet

20200818_133303.jpg

I also happened to find some heat shields when I went through some boxes in my storage. The bigger one is in decent shape but the smaller has corroded quite badly. I might have to order some stainless items from Alex in the future but I decided to clean these and fit them for now.

This is how they looked before

20200824_101749.jpg

After soda blasting

20200824_103913.jpg

And fitted.

20200909_100427.jpg

I also had a problem with my central locking pump running constantly after trying to lock/unlock my doors. There is a Y connection under the drivers seat which was loose. I fitted an Oetiker clamp to keep it in place in the future. Works now as it should.

20200909_120808.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Antsa; 9 September 2020, 21:21.

Comment

• I recently came across a reasonably priced set of Brembo 8 piston brake calipers. So I had to buy them They were used condition so they will need a refurbishment.

20201112_095515.jpg

First thing was to disassemble the calipers. Some bolts were stubborn but nothing too bad. Couple of the allen key bolts slipped, but fortunately the old trick of hammering a torx socket into the old head did the trick

20201112_095535.jpg

My plan is to paint them red and I already ordered some VHT caliper paint to do that. Before the painting I needed to strip the old paint off. I tried to sandblast the calipers with my cheap blaster but that was a waste of time They seem to know how to make a paint stick at the Brembo factory. So the calipers were send to be blasted professionally and I will hopefully get them back by the end of the week. While waiting for the 8 pots to be ready, I prepared the B7 S4 rear calipers ready for paint. I'll post some pics of the painting work hopefully this week.

Here's a pic after the home blasting. Basically nothing happened

20201112_114216.jpg

Comment

• While still waiting for Brembos to be blasted, I painted the rear calipers.

Here are the calipers and carriers ready for paint

20201126_171903.jpg

The paint that I used was VHT caliper paint in real red

20201126_171916 (1).jpg

First coat down. I applied two light coats and medium wet coat as per the instructions

20201126_173223.jpg

This is after all three coats

20201126_175046.jpg

Then it was time to bake them

20201126_191708.jpg

The day after baking I shot three coats of clear and baked again. This is the final result. Although they came out ok I think I'm going to use different paint on the fronts. The gloss level is not as good as I hoped and color is a little different that you see on the red Porsche calipers. I will have to do a little more research on caliper paints before doing the 8 pots.

20201128_091658.jpg
                      Last edited by Antsa; 30 November 2020, 03:46.

Comment

• Where did you buy the turn signals and the foglights ? Do you remeber the OEM numbers ? Really nice car ,, good luck

Comment

• Turnsignals and foglights were bought from eBay (I don't remember the seller, sorry). Part numbers for foglights 8A0 941 699/700 and turnsignals 8A0 953 055A/056A

Comment

• Originally posted by Antsa View Post
                            Turnsignals and foglights were bought from eBay (I don't remember the seller, sorry). Part numbers for foglights 8A0 941 699/700 and turnsignals 8A0 953 055A/056A
                            Do you know by any chance if the fog signals and turn signals are the same on the rs2 fender , those that are fiberglass ? Not the original fenders.
                            And if they are different do you know perhaps the OEM numbers on them ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Antsa View Post
                              Turnsignals and foglights were bought from eBay (I don't remember the seller, sorry). Part numbers for foglights 8A0 941 699/700 and turnsignals 8A0 953 055A/056A
                              Do you rember the pricing on the parts ? As i understand it fits from the 2,6 cabrio, and they are not so expensive.

Comment

• *Sorry just seen you have answered that above^ so dont worry. cheers

Originally posted by Antsa View Post
                                Bumper fitted a couple of days ago with all new foglights, turn signals and grills. Looks a lot different now.

20200723_182544.jpg

My turbo also started to sound like everything was not ok so I decided to look a little closer. Some oil was present on the boost hoses and a clear axial play on the turbo shaft was felt so it had to come off. It was the first time I had to do it but wasn't too bad after all. Bottom coolant and oil return line had to be loosened from underneath. The allen bolts on oil return were old and awfully tight but they came out after a little fight. Turbo is now being serviced, some new seals & bolts are on their way and while at it I was thinking of replacing some of the vacuum and breather hoses.

20200723_232356.jpg
                                where did you buy the brand new indicators and fog lights? Thanks
                                - 1995 BLACK S2 ABY

Comment

Working...
                                X