Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are on 1.1.96 yet... the cars running fine... but sometimes the 6500 rpm sh** on the Audi Trigger car

my friends are using the 60-2 VW Trigger... but I'm to lazy to take the gearbox out
    [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

• Mine does that as well but has no implication to the engine. Its just a small glitch of vems. Fueling and engine works fine so its just psychological. I'm not worried

sent with Nokia 6210

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
        Mine does that as well but has no implication to the engine.
        To be fully correct - the implication is reduced ignition angle precision.
        Of course on a practical level it can be OK, but it is not fully correct to say that "it does nothing at all".
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Vems records a trigger error in the log but it causes no ignition timing changes- delays- obstructions- misfires- or any other word you can think of. The precision you are referring to is not causing any performance issues either.

At that rpm and timing/fueling of there was a true problem there my engine would have been in shreds by now

I cannot be more clear than that.

sent with Nokia 6210

Comment

Vems records a trigger error in the log but it causes no ignition timing changes- delays- obstructions- misfires- or any other word you can think of.
            It can not run without trigger. A trigger error as I understand is an edge that is not recognized. It can be interpolated, but there is momentary loss of precision.
            Of course this is probably handled safely and timing is late rather than early.

So I disagree with you in theory, but I agree that if it is one or two teeth skipped, then there is probably not a really measurable difference there from the standpoint of the practical working engine.
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Whatever....

sent with Nokia 6210

Comment

Vems records a trigger error in the log but it causes no ignition timing changes- delays- obstructions- misfires- or any other word you can think of. The precision you are referring to is not causing any performance issues either.

At that rpm and timing/fueling of there was a true problem there my engine would have been in shreds by now

I cannot be more clear than that.

sent with Nokia 6210
                I had same on original setup and that was no problem car was running fine.With 7a flywheel, that was really bed till I'm not put sensor closer ant download 1.2.2 firmware now no any errors at all.That can try people who have this problem

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
                  It can not run without trigger. A trigger error as I understand is an edge that is not recognized. It can be interpolated, but there is momentary loss of precision.
                  Of course this is probably handled safely and timing is late rather than early.

So I disagree with you in theory, but I agree that if it is one or two teeth skipped, then there is probably not a really measurable difference there from the standpoint of the practical working engine.
                  I agree... and the trigger error makes me sick it feels like a missfire for a millisecond
                  [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

• Originally posted by blackS2 View Post
                    I agree... and the trigger error makes me sick it feels like a missfire for a millisecond
                    Hast du am G4 sensor die Kabel getauscht?
                    Bei einem Freund hatte ich das gleiche Problem mit der 1.2.4 Firmware
                    mit der 1.1.96 ist es nun weg

Was noch Probleme macht wenn der Pin zum Induktivsensor zu weit entfernt ist.Also größer > 0,5mm oder der Stift zu kurz ist

Gruß

Comment

• Originally posted by marcusaudi20v View Post
                      Hast du am G4 sensor die Kabel getauscht?
                      ...//...

Was noch Probleme macht wenn der Pin zum Induktivsensor zu weit entfernt ist.Also größer > 0,5mm oder der Stift zu kurz ist

Gruß
                      this is all well known an done... but still having a single missfire sometimes...

...maybe I have to check the gaps again

(hey man schreibt nicht in ner Fremdsprache des Gastgebers ;-) )
                      [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

• My sensor has been so close that during a manual rotation of the crank it touched ad broke it. So I know its not the sensor. In my case it may be the fact that I had to weld a larger pin and it may be slightly larger than it should. But it works and I haven't given it a second thought.

By the way, I don't understand the logic of divide by 27 when the developers say use 9. how do you end up choosing which one? At random?

sent with Nokia 6210

Comment

• When I go from divby3 to divby9 I think my trigger errors increased in high rpms. Whta could be the reason, any ideas??
                          Cheers

Murat

Comment

• Originally posted by murat View Post
                            When I go from divby3 to divby9 I think my trigger errors increased in high rpms. Whta could be the reason, any ideas??
                            Was same for my car,than I go divby27 and was much better.

Comment

• Let me try also divby27
                              Cheers

Murat

Comment

• Originally posted by murat View Post
                                Let me try also divby27
                                Did you try this?

Comment

Working...
                                X