This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by prj View Post
    The pump is positive switched and grounded to the chassis!
    There is nothing at all to think or to wonder here... that's why I said, take it to a professional.

Making first tuning experiments on an engine which has a big turbo fitted when you don't have any idea about how things work is also really not a smart thing to do!
    You start learning tuning by reading a book, and understanding why you make every change, and not by playing on a standalone EFI ecu...

Just because you bought a standalone does not mean you are a pro tuner.
    A standalone is hard to set up and tune to run properly in all conditions with any setup.
    With stock ECU you start hitting big roadblocks only when you get to tuning 500+hp stroker engines, until then everything works perfect almost by itself.

You need to take the car to the dyno and dial in some sort of timing map.
    Or at the very least get knock feedback working properly - which is a feat in itself to accomplish, then try to road tune it to MBT and in areas where MBT is bigger than get limit, to minimum EGT. You can't get your ECU tuned by posting on forum...
    I won´t be tuning the car for it´s full power. Only to get it running and passing MOT, then I will tune it on the road and pay a pro tuner!

I´m not trying to be a pro tuner, just learn the really basics and get the car up´n´running most like without boost or very low!

So basically I need a tune with Lambda 1 at revs up to 3000rpm and with good CO under the limits - that´s all I need for an MOT.

Thnx! I was insecure about how the wiring looked like from the pump with the round connector but saw the picture and now everything is clear. I´ll build a harness like the 034 sells

Comment

• Originally posted by Carfreak View Post
      So basically I need a tune with Lambda 1 at revs up to 3000rpm and with good CO under the limits - that´s all I need for an MOT.
      It is not that simple. Also, ignition timing needs to be correct as well.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

It is not that simple. Also, ignition timing needs to be correct as well.
        okey.. I understand that It takes tons of reading and many years of tuning to be a pro like u and many others.

But if I start with a basemap with correct req fuel and dwell for the coils and go with the target to lambda option - is there any possibility to reach a VE near lambda 1 as possible ? (This with wg spring load(1bar) and safe ign timing)

To be safe at low boost and up to 3000rpm, could I set the ign timing to a stuck value ?

As I sayed, just want the car driveable (Up to 3000rpm) with good lambda and CO values for the MOT..

Does the knock feature work satisfying on vems or is it still problems with that ?

Comment

To be safe at low boost and up to 3000rpm, could I set the ign timing to a stuck value ?
          No!
          Does the knock feature work satisfying on vems or is it still problems with that ?
          Personally, I've never seen it work.
          Some people have said they have gotten it to work. All the hardware is there so I guess it is a question of setup.
          I personally think it would take me more than a day to get it to work satisfactory, and I would need lots of equipment to do so. And even then it would be worse than on stock ECU (the stock ECU contains per-cylinder noise maps, only way they did that was with in-cylinder pressure transducers).

Comment

No!

Personally, I've never seen it work.
            Some people have said they have gotten it to work. All the hardware is there so I guess it is a question of setup.
            I personally think it would take me more than a day to get it to work satisfactory, and I would need lots of equipment to do so. And even then it would be worse than on stock ECU (the stock ECU contains per-cylinder noise maps, only way they did that was with in-cylinder pressure transducers).
            ah okey.. So it´s much better to use an probe and amp with headphones to detecht knocking ?!

Comment

• You will need to do that at start anyway. And when tuning, also when tuning the knock detection, you will need to use your ears.

Comment

You will need to do that at start anyway. And when tuning, also when tuning the knock detection, you will need to use your ears.
                Okey

What do u think about this tune ?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Carfreak; 23 May 2012, 17:50.

Comment

Okey

What do u think about this tune ?
                  What setup you use and boost used?
                  .: MINI Cooper D 08' :.
                  .: Audi Coupe Quattro 20V 91' :.
                  .: Audi Porsche RS2 95' :.

Comment

• Ignition timing map is just completely wrong.
                    Even a car with a carb and a dizzy can run better timing

And you need to be sure it's triggering correctly and the timing you are running is really the timing you are running.
                    I would verify timing with a strobe light to be 100% sure.

Of course I don't know how important this is to do with Vems PnP...

Btw, my comment is not very constructive, because ignition timing is not something you can explain in 1 forum post. Take a book and read...
                    Last edited by prj; 23 May 2012, 20:28.

Comment

Understand what u mean!

I know about electircity and how to connect a relay and such!

Just wounder were I can take the signal from to click the relay (Haven´t taken a look at the stock loom yet).
                      Pump relais should be switched by VEMS output pin 15 for v3 (RTFM!:mischeif
                      Base schematics:

Please use a good quality fuse (>15A) between battery and relay, preferably close to battery.
                      As for wiring, a 044 can pull up to 15A in current so make sure to use decent connectors AND crimping tools to avoid smoldering relay sockets... wiring size 2,5mm² should be enough. (1,5mm² too small for my likings)

As for base timing to pass your MOT: finetune it on the spot while connected to the exhaust gas analyser if they let you. Make sure your lambda sensor is working and capable of holding 14.7 target before getting there...

Comment

Ignition timing map is just completely wrong.
                        Even a car with a carb and a dizzy can run better timing

And you need to be sure it's triggering correctly and the timing you are running is really the timing you are running.
                        I would verify timing with a strobe light to be 100% sure.

Of course I don't know how important this is to do with Vems PnP...

Btw, my comment is not very constructive, because ignition timing is not something you can explain in 1 forum post. Take a book and read...
                        Thnx!

Yes that´s true A more fine tuned ignition will be made!

The timing is right, had to make a slight adjust on the dizzy.

Vems is using all 3 ignition sensors but still it could jump +-3deg sometimes!

I understand that, I´m upto reading the megamanual for megasquirt right now

Originally posted by quattro84 View Post
                        Pump relais should be switched by VEMS output pin 15 for v3 (RTFM!:mischeif
                        Base schematics:

Please use a good quality fuse (>15A) between battery and relay, preferably close to battery.
                        As for wiring, a 044 can pull up to 15A in current so make sure to use decent connectors AND crimping tools to avoid smoldering relay sockets... wiring size 2,5mm² should be enough. (1,5mm² too small for my likings)

As for base timing to pass your MOT: finetune it on the spot while connected to the exhaust gas analyser if they let you. Make sure your lambda sensor is working and capable of holding 14.7 target before getting there...

Thnx m8! I have some difficulties explaining stuff on english but it was that pin out cable I was looking for to pull the relay!

Comment

• IS this a plug n play box ? or is it just an ordinary one ? Be carefull wich input you choose for the fuel pump.. Where in Swe do you live ?
                          It´s just a question of time..
                          http://www.garaget.org/?car=287344

Comment

• Ahh gothenburg.. Me too... PM me if you need backup
                            It´s just a question of time..
                            http://www.garaget.org/?car=287344

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim_Coupe View Post
                              Ahh gothenburg.. Me too... PM me if you need backup
                              That´s right Watched uré car several times - love it!!
                              Thnx m8! Are u good at tuning vems ? I think I´ll let Jörgen tune my car if his good

Comment

• someone have a file for gt3076 and 630cc deka ?

Comment

Working...
                                X