X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by prj View Post
    GT35R, surging???
    What hotside are you using? Or maybe your intercooler is crazy restrictive?

Definitely not normal for the 35R to surge on this engine.
    i felt that strange also cause so many setups with gt35, not heard about surge.

im running .63 on hotside with OEM AAN exhaust manifold, is it too small?

The intercooler is a big one, I upgraded it for better "cooling and flow", and the IC piping from turbo 2.5" to 3" throttle body.

Im running 7a cams(exhaust & intake), AAN head. machined 7a block to fit 83mm JE pistons.

any suggestions are very welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by danycheung View Post
      im running .63 on hotside with OEM AAN exhaust manifold, is it too small?
      I would use .82 hotside with gt35, but this isn't your problem.
      OEM AAN ex manifold is good up to stock turbo, anything over it is pure power killer. Actually AAN ex manifold is so crap that even with stock turbo i would recommend rs2 ex manifold. With gt35 power levels you need wagner or similar ex manifold. I would go for the tubular.
      Audi UrS4 609hp/846Nm @ wheels
      10.911@210, 1km 268km/h, 1mile 295km/h
      FATS 2,30 sec

Comment

• oem exhaust manifold with GT35?
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• yea yea... it is almost impossible to get stuff for AAN engine here where i live...
          all we have around are for JDM..

:/ where can i buy online a affordable ex manifold? kinda low budget rite now.

Comment

yea yea... it is almost impossible to get stuff for AAN engine here where i live...

thats cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-RS2-S...item2ec21ef6c5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-2-2l-...item335b457825
            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• thanks, i think im getting the RS2

Comment

yea yea... it is almost impossible to get stuff for AAN engine here where i live...

and you can get good from www.customparts.com.pl/en

Comment

thanks, i think im getting the RS2
                  That is not a RS2 manifold!
                  It's a STR log manifold, not very good.

The other one is completely cr*p it will break after 1 month.
                  http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• its ok, i didnt buy any of those ones, i found one used rs2 manifold.

Comment

• Hi, im new in Vems. What is the values you put in the VE table? Is it persent of something or is it ms (millisecond) or something else?

Se you guys have way different Req Fuel numbers, are you using the formula or what?

Thanx

Comment

• Look at the efiexpress documents for all of your questions. These are fairly basic and the answers are there. In summury the VE number is a number that vems uses to internally calculate fuel, so its not ms of injection. The req-fuel comes off an equation from your injector size.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tbend View Post
                          Hi, im new in Vems. What is the values you put in the VE table? Is it persent of something or is it ms (millisecond) or something else?

Se you guys have way different Req Fuel numbers, are you using the formula or what?

Thanx
                          You can use auto tune for first and see how is changing.All ve table is custom for every car.It's depends from you injectors,turbo,how good flow your engine head,from everything.

Comment

• VE in an ideal world stands for volumetric efficiency.
                            This basically says how well your engine flows.

It does not depend on injectors at all, it is a model which tells the ECU how much cylinder filling there will be at a certain MAP and RPM.

On a mass-flow based system, cylinder filling = mass air / rpm.
                            On a speed density system, cylinder filling = (MAP * VE)/ IAT.

If you need to alter VE on a speed density system when you change injectors it means that either you did not manage to correctly linearize the injectors (dead time, slope characteristics) or your ECU does not provide the possibility to do it.
                            And that way your injector characteristics get coded into the "filling" map (or VE).

It is similar on a mass-flow system. If you need to change anything besides the injector calibration (dead time, slope, size) on a mass-flow system, such as the main fuel map, you are also not calibrating the injectors correctly.
                            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Too much information for someone that is just beginning. Since its for free, hopefully someone will find it useful.

For the question asked, VE is the fueling map in vems taking into account all of the above.

Comment

• hello everybody. This is my first post here on this forum. i am new, never worked with a standalone ecu before. I have an mc engine with 630cc siemens deka and garrett gt30, 60-2 wheel in the flywheel seal with hall sender and sec trigger is the distributor with one window(ive cuted down the oder four). Im just looking to get it started to check for leaks before i go to a pro tuner. I run vag COP. I repeat im new to this, any help will be highly apreciated. i've atached a cofig file an a trigger log file. I just want to get it started. thanks a lot
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by bn-01-wso; 8 October 2013, 12:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X