Model: Corrado G60
    Year: 1989/90
    Engine: G60 (SOHC Supercharged)
    Type: Petrol
    Engine Size 1.8
    Modifications: None
    Driving style: Nice and chilled with the occasional blast

Cheers, Kit.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Hi

I would go for a 5w-40 synthetic..

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul 300V, Redline and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XFS, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Gulf Formula G, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

Cheers

Tim
      Use the code S2F and get 10% Club Discount
      oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers
      email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
      phone: 01209 202944

Comment

• Sorry to use this thread but what brake fluid would you recommend for a daily rs2/spirited driving on big reds? I'm.looking at the silcolene one but its a bit expensive for per litre.

Comment

• Hi

The best fluids for the brakes and clutch are the Castrol SRF, Motul RBF660 and Gulf RF1000. The Motul RBF600, Gulf RF1000, Millers 300 Plus and Fuchs Pro Race are close to those, but don't have quite as high boiling points. Those are all really overkill for road use. The next step down (in performance terms), but still an upgrade over standard are the Gulf Racing 5.1, Motul DOT 5.1 and Castrol React Performance. Any of the other DOT4 fluids we have are fine to use as a standard choice.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-450-brak...tch-fluid.aspx

Cheers

Tim
          oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers

Comment

• Originally posted by oilman View Post
            Hi

The best fluids for the brakes and clutch are the Castrol SRF, Motul RBF660 and Gulf RF1000. The Motul RBF600, Gulf RF1000, Millers 300 Plus and Fuchs Pro Race are close to those, but don't have quite as high boiling points. Those are all really overkill for road use. The next step down (in performance terms), but still an upgrade over standard are the Gulf Racing 5.1, Motul DOT 5.1 and Castrol React Performance. Any of the other DOT4 fluids we have are fine to use as a standard choice.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-450-brak...tch-fluid.aspx

Cheers

Tim
            Thanks. Currently car has dot 4. I will be flushing the whole system but I have heard that its not good to mix dots even to the slightest. So moving to a dot 5.1 is there a problem?

Comment

• It's fine to mix DOT4 and 5.1, it's DOT5 (silicon based) that won't mix with other brake fluids.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Ah yes. Correct.
                Thanks. I ordered something in the middle to be able to be within budget. Thanks

Comment

• Hi

Thanks for the order.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Make: Audi
                    Model: Urs4
                    Year: 1993
                    Engine Typeetrol
                    Engine Size:2.2T
                    Modifications: R8 bobins only,soon chip
                    Driving style: 70% time fast driving in high rpm's

WHat u sugest me?thanks

Comment

• Hi

Any idea how hot the oil gets when driven hard?

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• with gauges on urs4 i dont see it go over 70 i belive,got the car 2 month only so dunno what temp get on hot summer

Cheers,Marko

Comment

• Hi Marko

I can't see it getting too hot in the summer if it's only getting to 70C now, so I would go for a 5w-40

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul 300V, Redline and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XF Longlife, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Gulf Formula G, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Here we have 1 guy selling original 300v,so i shud contact him,i will go 5w-40 then.Thank's a lot mate!

Cheers,Marko

Comment

• Feel free to contact us here for any oil recommendations or any oil related questions you may have.

Alternatively complete our oil recommendation form and we will get back to you asap. You can also give us a call on 01209 202949 Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm or just drop us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

oilman

Comment

• audi rs2 2.2 turbo 1994,with 83.000 km,location amsterdam,holland.

hey there....i want to change oil....guy from switzerland told me to use Motul 300V 20w60,some others say castrol edge 10w60,the swiss guy told me edge is very bad for a rs2 engine,dont know what to use. I have a ticking valve sometimes,very annoying. What do you recommend,i have a stock car,312 HP.

hope hearing from you....thanx
                                Polarsilber Rs2 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X