X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok,let me know when u get shipping infos

Comment

• Hi

Sorry, I don't know why it took so long, but Montenegro has been added to our shipping rates.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/t-carriage.aspx

We base the shipping prices on a litre of oil weighing 1 kilo, with packaging.

Cheers

Tim
      Use the code S2F and get 10% Club Discount
      oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers
      email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
      phone: 01209 202944

Comment

• If you’re in need of oil advice and recommendations then please just ask, we are happy to help. You can ask us here or by PM, drop us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk or just give us a call this afternoon, we are here till 5.30pm.

It's a great time to buy from Opie Oils, until midnight Sunday we are giving an additional 15% Off our already discounted prices on all engine oils with voucher code 15OFF.

Cheers
        - oilman
        oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers

Comment

• Originally Posted by oilman View Post
          Hi

If you're not towing often and the oil is likely to stay under 130C, I'd go for a 5w-40

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul 300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XF Longlife, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Gulf Formula G, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

If you are likely to tow again, go for a 10w-50

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-659-10w-50.aspx

The Nanodrive CFS is, on paper, the best oil available, but the Pro S and CFS are both really good oils, so all are good choices for your car.

Cheers

Tim
          Going to order some 5w40 in the next hour with the 15% off.
          But through my work i know someone who works at BP factory and he can sell me
          Visco 5000 5w40
          Visco 7000 5w50

Any idea on those? I would go for 5w40
          Not he best there is but for £1.7 per litre i can't refuse i think

Btw what would you recommend for a 3.2 6in line Benz engine from 1996? (it in a ssangyoung musso)
          Last edited by MattP; 20 July 2014, 23:12.

Comment

• Hi

I have never heard of the Visco oils, so can't comment on them.

I would probably go for a 10w-40 in the Musso

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-657-10w-40.aspx

The best ones are the Gulf Competition, Motul 300V, Red Line and Millers CFS. As a cheaper alternative the Fuchs Syn MC, Shell HX7, Motul 6100 and Millers EE/Trident are good choices.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• I have ordered some Millers Oils EE 75w90 NANODRIVE oil for my second gearbox as my first one has destroyed it self

But what would by the best operation temperature for the gearbox oil? And how hot is acceptable on the circuit?
              1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• Good question, I will ask my man at Millers and get back to you.

Cheers

Guy

Comment

• Thanks! I installed a temperature gauge so i'm really interested in what are the best temps to run the oil.

Comment

• Hi

Just had this back from Millers

"Ideally it would be 100˚C and then we know exactly what its viscosity will be at that temp. In practice we see gear oil temps up as high as 140-160˚C and it is quite robust from an oxidation point of view"

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by oilman View Post
                      Hi

Just had this back from Millers

"Ideally it would be 100˚C and then we know exactly what its viscosity will be at that temp. In practice we see gear oil temps up as high as 140-160˚C and it is quite robust from an oxidation point of view"

Cheers

Tim
                      Thanks! That is a lot higher than i thought!

Comment

• Hi Folks,

If you are having trouble finding out which Engine Oil is right for your car, please use our lookup guide.

If you need help finding your car, or it is modified in any way, you can call us Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm on 01209 202944, email us at sales@opieoils.co.uk, or just ask here.

Cheers
                        Oilman

Comment

• (all 10w40)
                          If you see the above what would be the best oil for my polo 6n 1.4 and my other polo 1.4 16v?

Should the 16v be better with 5w40 or 10w50?

Comment

• Hi

I'd use a 5w-40 in both of them.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Struggling to find the correct oils for your car? Then just ask the Oilman.

To help us to give the most accurate advice possible we do need some information about your car. e.g.:

Make:
                              Model:
                              Year:
                              Engine type:
                              Performance modifications:
                              Driving style: (road / off-road / track etc)
                              Any other information that may be relevant: e.g. approx BHP if modified, oil temps if known
                              What recommendation are you looking for? Engine, Gearbox, Diff etc.

You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

Oilman

Comment

• Hi Folks,

Opie Oils has some fantastic offers on at the moment so please check our Current Offers >>>>>

If you need any oil advice then we are here to help! You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

Oilman

Comment

Working...
                                X