• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't Mobile1 5-w50 a god choice?

Sent fra min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi

It was discontinued, so very difficult to get hold of.

Cheers

Tim
      Use the code S2F and get 10% Club Discount
      oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers
      email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
      phone: 01209 202944

Comment

• What do you advice for an urs4?
        Stock 230hp normal driving and every now and then high speed for autobahn (few 100km at cc 190~220)

Now the oil stays cool towed 1800KG for 300km and then it was a bit above the 130°

Comment

• Do you tow that kind of weight very often?

Cheers

Tim
          oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers

Comment

• Whats your opinion about Valvoline VR1 Racing oils, especially about 5w-50 and 10w-60? Good for 700hp 5cyl, moderate driving, sometimes on track.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Hi

They are decent oils, but with 700bhp, I'd probably go for an ester based oil instead in a 5w-50, 10w-50 or 15w-50.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-953-ester-synthetic.aspx

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by oilman View Post
                Do you tow that kind of weight very often?

Cheers

Tim
                Not really.
                Oh and i don't know what's in now i bought it from the previous owner but totally forgot whats in.....

Comment

• Hi

If you're not towing often and the oil is likely to stay under 130C, I'd go for a 5w-40

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul 300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XF Longlife, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Gulf Formula G, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

If you are likely to tow again, go for a 10w-50

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-659-10w-50.aspx

The Nanodrive CFS is, on paper, the best oil available, but the Pro S and CFS are both really good oils, so all are good choices for your car.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Fuchs Titan race

Whats the difference between the Fuchs Pro-s and Pro-R oils? Looking at the Pro-R 15W-50 for my 450bhp 20Vt.
                    Cheers
                    1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                    2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                    2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

• The difference is the viscosity grades they come in. Pro S is available in 5w-30, 5w-40, 10w-50 and 10w-60, Pro R is in 0w-20, 15w-50 and 20w-50. Unless yours is track only, I would go for the 10w-50 Pro S to get better cold start protection.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by oilman View Post
                        Hi

If you're not towing often and the oil is likely to stay under 130C, I'd go for a 5w-40

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul 300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XF Longlife, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Gulf Formula G, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

If you are likely to tow again, go for a 10w-50

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-659-10w-50.aspx

The Nanodrive CFS is, on paper, the best oil available, but the Pro S and CFS are both really good oils, so all are good choices for your car.

Cheers

Tim
                        Hi Oilman

Thanks for the advice but my manual says i should only use oil with
                        vw 500 00 / 500 01 specifications. Those your advised don't have that specification.
                        I think it doesn't really matter witch oil as long it has the good specifications?

This one has the right specifications for example
                        http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-69400-fu...ngine-oil.aspx

Any thoughts on that?

Comment

• Hi

500.00 and 500.01 spec oils are very outdated now, the ones I mentioned may not have those specs listed but unofficially far exceed them. Using an oil that meets 500.00/500.01 is a basic option for it.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• If you are struggling to find the right engine oil for your car, don't forget about our free oil advice.

All we need to know is

Make:
                            Model:
                            Year:
                            Engine type:
                            Performance modifications:
                            Driving style: (road / off-road / track etc)
                            Any other information that may be relevant: e.g. approx BHP if modified, oil temps if known

If you need help you can call us Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm on 01209 202944, email us at sales@opieoils.co.uk, or use our Recommendation form, or just ask here.

Comment

• I have trouble to find original oil in my country...
                              Make:Audi
                              Model:Urs4
                              Year:1993
                              Engine type:AAN
                              Performance modifications:Chipet,coil upgrade,LC
                              Driving style: road use
                              The bigest problem for me is to find original oil's,tryed motul but no luck.The original's i found are:Valvoline,Castrol,Liqui moly-but with limited gradations.What u suggest me?

Comment

• Hi

Sorry for the delay, I'm trying to get a shipping price sorted out for you, but it's taking longer than expected.

Valvoline and Castrol make good oils, depending on what you can get hold of, I'd try to use a 5w-50 or 10w-50 from them. I don't deal with Liqui Moly, so can't comment on their oils.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X