No announcement yet.

Problem after upgrading to RS2 Specification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesss , when your car performs well and you have found the problem by yourself it is a dream, isn't it ? As for fuel I do suggest to use additive - I am yet to try Fuchs Silkolene PRO BOOST Octane Improver ....

Comment

• I did the work myself but lots of people gave some solid advice.

Need to look into all the boosters and see what we have in SA that will not harm the car.

Comment

• The boost issue is back.

The search goes on.

Comment

• Bet that put a smile on your face!
          1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
          2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
          2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

• So let me get this right your problem seemed like it was sorted. Car drove as it should. So very pleased. Although now it's got the same / similar problem again so not so happy??

Comment

• Not happy at present.

But I am getting better at testing.

Ok boost test started and first test was MAF to before the throttle body no leaks slowly coming down from 1 bar but basically holding pressure.

All the previous issues I fixed are clear.

This has to be a new leak.

Comment

• Think I found it going for a drive just now

Comment

• The good news is I found the fault. it was me, I failed to secure a clamp correctly.

The Roose throttle body replacement hose was not secured correctly on the throttle body and because of my poor workmanship it obviously moved while I was giving the car some stick on my last drive.

The clamp will not move again

The car is back to "normal" going like a bat out of hell.

Now for the 101 octane

Comment

• OH, dont worry everything possible will eventually let go untill you change all . It took me 1 year an more to sort out all boost leaks, ot works on the next weakest link principle I blew the michelin man hose twise within a month , then the turbo to pipe blew, a few weeks later the ISV blew, a few monts after the tpiece under the inlet mani... and so on , after I did FMIC install with new custom hoses , the original IC to inlet manifold blew with a bang ! I am on a second original one , it holds but I dont know for how long - recent log show that my setup holds 1.7 bar aa the way to 7200 rpm on rs2 billet turbo ( 2871-o wheel ) .

Comment

• Could do with a bit longer than a few days without a problem.

Feeling good again

Comment

• I put 1 ltr of this in a full tank of petrol.

The performance is now what I expected it to be when I started down the upgrade road.

No surging just constant power.

Now I need to decide what to do long term.

A can of this stuff adds about another 50% to the cost of a full tank of petrol.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• So my S2 is stable and running like a dream, only when I use an additive. With out the additive the ECU appears to be pulling the timing back. (Knock sensor picking up pinging)

I do not wish to keep using additives so what are my alternatives.

Thinking of contacting prj to see if a change is an option.

Anybody else have an idea?

Comment

• Can you buy straight toluene, would be cheaper than branded stuff.

Otherwise I guess you need to map with less advance or reduce compression.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Not sure of the cost of Toluene or the correct mixture ratios. Will have to read a bit more.
                              Not messing with the standard compression.
                              Have not contacted prj yet.
                              I could just use standard RS2 software that the South African cars came with and replace the 440cc injectors.

Fly prj out to South Africa have it live mapped?

Comment

• How about a hfs3 water/meth system instead? You can proprrlp get methanol pretty cheap.
                                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Working...
                                X