No announcement yet.

Volvo K24 turbo in audi application.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No idea what power level I was running...
    It felt pretty quick though, even in my big heavy car.
    Injectors seem to be 510cc, not 550cc though...

Anyway, perhaps should continue the discussion elsewhere, as this has nothing to do with the Volvo turbo.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Originally posted by porkkis View Post
      I'm a bit confused about the numbers you guys talk here. This turbo will not make more top end power than a RS2 unit. Period.

I can offer 3B chipset for K24-7400. I have mapped such car. I did like the turbo.
      Hi Porkkis, which injectors, fuel pressure regulator, and other bits (like exhaust manifold, intercooler, etc), were used in the 3B you mapped? Which torque numbers did you get?
      I might be interested.
      Thanks.
      Cheers.
      Audi Coupé S2 '92 -- VW Golf 2 GTI '91 (v2) -- Renault 4 TL '84 -- Audi 100 2,3E '92 (Dad's) -- Suzuki SV 650 S '08

Comment

• Here is a vid from the Dyno Day in April

http://vimeo.com/25941853

Comment

• Does anyone have one for sale???

Comment

• Originally posted by fridtjov-audirs2 View Post
            Does anyone have one for sale???
            I got mine on a volvo forum, signed up to a few and just posted up an introduction and a wanted, got one pretty quick.
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Some more part numbers and pictures

Porsche 944 220bhp k26/6

Porsche and volvo

Porshce tag

Porsche Hotside

Both Units (volvo left)

Both hotsides (volvo left)

Porsche hotside loosely on volvo unit

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• There is some serious miss-information floating around. Dimitri can you look at the hotside on that one and get the casting numbers?

Here is what i know.

I bought a URS4 to build my S2 conversion, the person included a turbo which was stated as being "an rs2 hybrid" which i posted pictures of it a few years back and everyone said it looked like a stock k26 turbo. It was recently rebuilt and i just put it on the shelf in my garage for a long time, the information about it being a rs2 hybrid was second hand information at best.

I bought a Volvo k24 7400, removed the hotside and removed the hotside from that spare turbo that was sitting in my garage. I had called around to find out if anyone would machine my hotside to properly fit my new turbo, everyone said they wouldn't talked to my good friend and fabricator Hank and he said to bring it down to the shop and we'd have a look. after a few measurements we realized it seemed like the perfect fit, so check clearances with plastigauge he set the hot side and everything was spot on.

Fastforward to 8 months ago. i bought a second Volvo k24, found a for sale ad on motorgeek from a guy selling a bunch of misc stuff, he had a k26 hot side listed, picked it up for about 40 bucks shipped, and i put it on my second k24-7400, it again was a perfect fit. Not sure what EITHER of these hotsides truely came from but I would ask demtri to look at the one i sent him to see what the casting numbers are so we can get a definitive answer.

Comment

• I suppose that this k26-6 you are looking is from the old 10v turbo engines.

Also Porsche 944 turbo came with several editions hp ratings and maybe turbo.

Please measure the volvo turbine impeller major and small diameter an tell us (don't recall if it's posted before).
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• A bit of collected info from this thread;

I used this info to get the porsche one;

Originally posted by porkkis View Post
                    K26#6 50mm can be found in Porsche 944 220hp version. Also some ancient Audi K26 used the 50mm exducer. I guess it's typ43 200 5T.

The usual Audi K26 turbine is 56mm exdu.
                    And volvo

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                    Ok so the turbo is from a 2002+ Volvo S60 R or S70 R.
                    5324 970 7400

Volvo Part number:8603298, click on the link below, there are several part numbers for the turbo, i believe the one i listed is for the "later" style with NON-vband outlet on the compressor side, the picture shows part number 30713137 which is also a valid number.
                    Regarding sizes;

Here is some info about the Compressor wheel and the turbine wheel sizes:

Compressor Wheel:
                    O.D. – 62mm / inducer – 45.8mm / ETT (Extended Tip Technology)
                    Turbine Wheel:
                    O.D. – 59mm / exducer – 50mm / tip – 9mm / 5.4mm stub shaft dia.
                    TH:
                    6²cm area / set pressure – 7 bar @ 7mm lift
                    Originally posted by prj View Post
                    K24-7400 specs should be:
                    Compressor - OD 62mm, Inducer 45.8mm
                    Turbine - OD 59mm, Exducer 50mm
                    I will try and remember to bring the calipers back from work tomorrow to measure.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• What boost profile have people run on this?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Approximate sizes

Volvo exhaust wheel

Wide bit; 59mm
                        Narrow bit; 49.5mm

Porsche exhaust wheel

Wide bit 64.5mm
                        Narrow bit 54.5mm

Both shafts approx 10mm

So does that would appear to make the porsche housing a bit on the large side. Or is that the way it is meant to be?

What would happen if I put the porsche exhaust wheel on the volvo turbo (aside from needing to get it balanced?)

Any input?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Hmmm

Originally posted by Krists View Post
                          944 has all K26 turbo , later 89' 944 and 944S has bigger hotside housing - aka K26#8.
                          from
                          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=k26

and

Originally posted by 20vQC View Post
                          Hi lini! Which k26 are you using from the 944? 220bhp or 250bhp??? I red somewhere we could use the turbocharger from the 250bhp version for a turbo upgrade on the 2.2t and avoid the 220 cuz it is like going one step back from the k24-7000. I'm afraid all the 924/944 turbos are only oil cooled unfortunately, so the time between oil changes may be reduced. I have this information about the 944 turbocharges used on the engine 951 (2.5 litres 4cyl), which one do you have???

KKK Porsche 944 Turbo 1985- ??
                          (2.5) 220bhp K26 53269706710 951.123.131.00

KKK Porsche 944 Turbo 1985- ??
                          (2.5) 220bhp K26 53269706720 951.123.131.02

KKK Porsche 944 Turbo 1989-91
                          (2.5) 250bhp K26 53269707041 951.123.131.03

KKK Porsche 944 Turbo 1989-91
                          (2.5) 250bhp K26 53269707042 951.123.131.03

Cheers!!
                          from
                          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...9706710&page=2

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• So what do people think fitting the larger wheel/housing would do? Increase lag? Increase power?

Or just avoid and find the 50mm exd?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Rebuild kit is about £50, and £50 to balance. (http://www.turborebuild.co.uk/)

RS2 exducer 52mm
                              hotside housing diameter is 54mm
                              inducer 46MM

so volvo/ biggerr porsche could give
                              exducer 54.5
                              inducer 45.8

Or smaller porsche/old audi (what Ruffiano did) gives
                              inducer 45.8
                              exducer 50

So the larger hybrid will spool later than the rs2 unit?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• I believe that if you mate the Porsche hotside (housing-impeller) with the Volvo compressor you will have most probably a 400 hp turbo.
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X